Engine "Chirping" Noise

Hi everyone,

About a month ago I purchased a 2010 Corolla S with a 5-spd manual transmission. I hear a "chirping" noise when the car is coasting, you can also hear it when accelerating, but the acceleration significantly masks the noise. The noise is more prevalent from about 15 MPH and above; below that the noise goes away. When I depress the clutch, the noise also goes away. The Toyota dealer looked at the car, but couldn't find any problems, and said it was "normal" torque noise. Is there such a thing as "normal" torque noise? And if it's not normal torque noise, anyone have any ideas on the possible source of this noise? Thanks

"That's normal", is new car dealer-speak for, "We don't want to fix it", or, "We don't really know what's wrong and we don't want to spend anymore time on it". Either way, it's incompetent. If it's, "normal", ask them to show you a new Toyota Corolla that makes this, "normal", noise! Don't stand for being lied to!

There isn't a chirping noise in the world that's, "normal", for any car, beyond a car alarm being armed.

"Torque noise", eh? I've been in the automotive repair/maintenance industry for 25 years and I've never heard of this description before.:laughing: