Engine running loud with occasional vibrations (video/audio included)

My 05 automatic Corolla engine was always usually pretty quiet but recently it's been a lot louder, not quite like a racecar but something like that. Definitely coming from under the hood too. Last thing I've done to it was spark plugs and brakes but that was weeks/month before it happened. When braking it sounds like a plane engine powering down. I don't think it's the wheel bearings or the alignment. Any ideas?

If it is making the sound while moving sounds like bearings . Brakes and Spark plugs will have nothing to do with this sounds unless your tires are uneven or rough pattern .

If it is making the sound while moving sounds like bearings . Brakes and Spark plugs will have nothing to do with this sounds unless your tires are uneven or rough pattern .
Yeah that was my first though but there are no performance issues and no wobbling or extra noise when turning the wheel. And it is still loud when idling. I was thinking exhaust but it wouldn't explain the wheedling noise on deceleration.

Yeah that was my first though but there are no performance issues and no wobbling or extra noise when turning the wheel. And it is still loud when idling. I was thinking exhaust but it wouldn't explain the wheedling noise on deceleration.
Ok let me get this correct , This noise your hearing is when the engine is running and vehicle is not moving ? But then there might be another issue going on ?

I don't know if this has anything to do with your issue , But a few times I have noticed when I have released my gas pedal all of a sudden my car down shifted on its own and was making a sound but kind of like a light fart can sound but again noticing the vehicle down shifted on its own . I don't know if this is a common thing since a 9th gen is my first . I have knowledge in 6,7, 8 gens .

Could it be possible the same thing that I describe ? This happen to me only 3 times . Never came back .

Ok let me get this correct , This noise your hearing is when the engine is running and vehicle is not moving ? But then there might be another issue going on ?

I don't know if this has anything to do with your issue , But a few times I have noticed when I have released my gas pedal all of a sudden my car down shifted on its own and was making a sound but kind of like a light fart can sound but again noticing the vehicle down shifted on its own . I don't know if this is a common thing since a 9th gen is my first . I have knowledge in 6,7, 8 gens .

Could it be possible the same thing that I describe ? This happen to me only 3 times . Never came back .
I'm quite confident at this point that it's an exhaust leak of some kind. Either the manifold gasket or the gasket between the catalytic converter and the exhaust. The utter lack of performance issues leads me to believe this as well as I used to have an old Ranger and it had an exhaust problem there and it sounded similar to this.

If it is the manifold gasket or any where near the heads especially the catalytic converter then you need to get it fixed quick because that type of leak will break or burn a valve because of the temperature in that area changes from hot to cold and is not consistent . It had happen to me on a Buick Regal with a exhaust leak .

I don't know where you live but if you have a Pep Boys they will look at your car for free , Give you a estimate and try to sell you something and you nicely decline the service and fix it - lol

Got it checked out, was a small exhaust leak paired with deteriorating wheel bearings. Wheels are still good for a bit but they're starting to go.

Got it checked out, was a small exhaust leak paired with deteriorating wheel bearings. Wheels are still good for a bit but they're starting to go.

Congrats I hit at least one of your problems on the first response with the bearing lol -

Your bearings are pressed on FYI , If and when you decide to change it make sure you purchase the kit and replace bearing and hub part cause the hub part tends to wear from the old bearing and if it is starting to make some noise could heat it up to . Better to be safe then sorry .