Entune head unit intermittently not responding to screen touches

Hello everyone. I've been experiencing an issue as the title indicates, where the screen is unresponsive to touches, mainly in the lower right hand corner and sometimes on the bottom row. Specifically when trying to adjust balance, treble, bass and or fader it just won't respond to touch. Current software installed is BU.70.27 on a 2014 Corolla S. I think that in the near future I might change the head unit for a more advanced unit like a pioneer or similar with Apple car play. But for now, any ideas? let me know if you'd had the same issue and if you were able to resolve it or not. Thanks.

Attachments

Rick, I bought a 2015 camry this weekend and it has the exact same problems. Did you find a solution?
I haven't found any solution. Odd thing is, during the winter, while the cabin was cold , those buttons would work, but as soon as the cabin would warm up, they would stop working. So no that we're in spring, they're not working. I don't know what's causing this issue.

14S+6MT

i have the same random issue. it usually resolves itself in a few seconds. if not press and hold the volume knob and the unit will restart itself. also be careful changing head units, you lose a bunch of vehicle settings. you can always add on a sub if needed.

I have also had this issue. I really don't mine as I don't really use my touch screen but I was real upset that I couldn't connect my new phone as the add button is at the bottom. If you feel the same ways as I do. I did get some luck by sticking a credit card in between the screen and mount and then using a thin piece of metal such as bobby pin to click in the corners under the mount. It took a while but I was successful. I got my phone finally connected to Bluetooth.

Don't even bother going to Toyota about this unless you have a warranty. They will not stand behind their technology and it is $1000 plus to have it swapped with a refurbished one. I asked about an update and after 30 minutes they told me none were available for my car. I found out on this board that it was not true and installed a new update which didn't solve my issue but did make the system faster and less glitchy.