Entune Touch Screen Calibration

Hello everyone,

I just bought a Toyota Corolla S Plus and love this car! I'm here to see if anyone can help me with an issue. My Entune Touch Screen isn't working properly. I have to touch a little further down to where I want to press in order for it to work. As a result, the bottom options on the screen are inaccessible and can't setup any Bluetooth device. I've done a lot of research online, and I've found that other people have had this issue before on other vehicles like the Prius and were able to calibrate.

So far, what I've found is that I can access the Service Menu by turning the ignition key, holding down "audio" and turning on and off the lights three times. Where I go to Touch, it doesn't give me any options to calibrate. The Prius forum showed that they had to access a different menu in order to calibrate. Does anyone here knows how to do this?

Thank you a lot in advance for all your help!

Oddly enough, this just happened to me yesterday. The bottom of my touch screen is not working so I can't get to the 6th preset on the radio and I also can't edit the bass. I'm currently researching ways to fix this issue so I will let you know if I find anything!

Please let me know what you find! Took it to the dealer and they said the whole radio have to be replaced... If the Prius and Tacoma can calibrate there must be that option on the corolla.

No, but SO glad mine didn't come with entune!
I still have the touch screen head unit though, so I'm sure my time will come.
When it does, buh bye. I'll replace it with a Kenwood!

Does anybody know if this update applies to other apps that are accessed via the touch screen? I never use the radio at all. I want the touch screen calibration fixed on my 2014 Camry because it is nearly impossible to enter destinations into the Navigation app. You have to touch about 5/8 inch to the right of the button you want, and if you make a mistake you have to start over because the “backspace” button is at the right edge and so you can’t target it.

jmc

I have same issue as Vaca Loca and others. started few months back. thought it could just be re-calibrated. took to dealer today (1/9/17) and they said ~1050.00 to replace unit. Used to be issues like this that pushed me away from Fords and GM's. Unfortunate if Toyota follows same path. I wrote to Toyota, will keep you posted with response. Car is beyond 36 month warranty but only 16k miles. (2014 Corolla LE premium, bought new)

jmc

correction to date for entune touch screen issue I reported above. Date should be 1/9/2018, today. Sorry for error.

jmc

just heard back from Toyota customer service today regarding the issue of touch screen being out of calibration. Nothing they will do since out of warranty but they will let you take a survey with respect to the representative you spoke to. No survey about customer satisfaction of the product. So Chris has the solution with Kenwood. Toyota won't help. Simple for me, I won't buy another Toyota as this is a nonsense quality problem in my opinion.

jmc

regarding the entune touch screen issue. I was able to access lower functions with credit card or the like.
Tap the card just under the plastic bezel and it worked, (at least for me) worth a shot to beat a 1000.00 bill.
hope this works for others.

Use a credit card or something like that to reach the bottom options on the screen. It is not a permanent fix but it might work for you as well.

general idea:
The finger did not work for me, but the credit card got the job done.

Sorry to resurrect the thread. I have this problem and I'm thinking of replacing the unit with a used one purchased off eBay.

Anyone see any pitfalls? I'm concerned about:
- After a swap, would I need some sort of lock code to unlock the unit?
- How common is this touch screen issue? I could just end up with another unit that has the same problem!

I have considered getting an after market unit, but not sure if back-up camera and steering wheel buttons would still work. Also, the temperature, etc. are reported on the display. Don't think an after market unit would do that.

For those wondering if you replace the stock radio double din in your corolla-with another same model-it will end up doing the same thing..Your best bet is to get a pioneer like e avic-7200nex or Kenwood similar,and get the modules so steering wheel controls and a lot of new stuff will work...this radio can be had for under 500 bucks + under 200 bucks more for modules.. it will blow the stock model out of the water and will give you so much more..such as door opens,apple car play,android play,xm serious,hd stations,tire pressure,nav,but most a screen that works....
https://www.crutchfield.com/S-7qr4dSN4GBK/p_1307200NEX/Pioneer-AVIC-7200NEX.html

Last edited:
Hello everyone,

I just bought a Toyota Corolla S Plus and love this car! I'm here to see if anyone can help me with an issue. My Entune Touch Screen isn't working properly. I have to touch a little further down to where I want to press in order for it to work. As a result, the bottom options on the screen are inaccessible and can't setup any Bluetooth device. I've done a lot of research online, and I've found that other people have had this issue before on other vehicles like the Prius and were able to calibrate.

So far, what I've found is that I can access the Service Menu by turning the ignition key, holding down "audio" and turning on and off the lights three times. Where I go to Touch, it doesn't give me any options to calibrate. The Prius forum showed that they had to access a different menu in order to calibrate. Does anyone here knows how to do this?

Thank you a lot in advance for all your help!
I found that if the issue is at the bottom of the screen go into the setting and use a credit card to touch below the area you are trying to change. It worked like a charm and saved me big bucks from not having to have the whole thing replaced! I hope it works for you! Good luck!

You can get updates via this site (provided your unit is Entune with apps, not plain Entune.
https://securedp.toyota.com/download-app/getUpdates
How do I determine if my unit is "Entune with apps" or "plain Entune" I followed the link to download an update and after entering my vehicle data (2015 Corolla LE) the response was that there are no updates for my model. At least I tried the credit card trick and it seems to be fairly consistent, but I was already disappointed when I found there was no navigation option for my Corolla, and when I started using the USB port to play my mp3 collection and found I couldn't navigate at the bottom of the interface, Oy. If I keep an expired credit card and it keeps working fine, but I can't believe Toyota is so wrongheaded that they can't come up with a solution.