• Free Shipping
  • In Stock - Ships between 10/17/2016 - 10/19/2016
Custom Fit For Your 2014 Toyota Corolla
Change
Options

• All Corolla models
  • Part Number - 69160
  • (Fits all Corolla models)

So I just installed my Borla Exhaust I did a drop in K&N filter and I must say I am very IMPRESSED! I will post a video of it when I get the chance ! And it'll be on YouTube soon !! Please let me know what you think
Just did the same... love it.... would like to figure out the best way to get more accelaration tho...

and I did break down and purchase a short ram intake, despite my prior comments. I also cancelled my Amazon order for the MAF and bought one from Jegs. Should be here on Monday.
Throttle response is amazingly better with the short ram over stock!

In regards to your Borland exhaust, I think if you remove the 2 stock resonators under the car and in Thier place put a Magnaflow 21" magna's k, you will be even more satisfied then the sound of the catback alone. I've done it (with magnaflow muffler ) and was quite satisfied.

In regards to your Borland exhaust, I think if you remove the 2 stock resonators under the car and in Thier place put a Magnaflow 21" magna's k, you will be even more satisfied then the sound of the catback alone. I've done it (with magnaflow muffler ) and was quite satisfied.
How does it sound different? Describe?

Even with just the muffler replaced, the 2 resonators under the car, by design, are muffling the exhaust note. When these resonators are replaced with one of a flow thru design(Magnaflow) or similar brand of your choice, the sound will be changed. IMO, its still a clean sound. No popping or sputtering of the exhaust note. To me, it deepens the tone. Check for videos on this where the resonators were replaced as well as the muffler.

and I did break down and purchase a short ram intake, despite my prior comments. I also cancelled my Amazon order for the MAF and bought one from Jegs. Should be here on Monday.
Throttle response is amazingly better with the short ram over stock!
Im still going back and forth over this one. Had the Typhoon on the computer screen, CC# typed in and backed out. Seams like the reviews on this are 50/50 for whether or not it throws the CEL. Yours was obviously a success?

I have a magnaflow on mine, same one I had on my 2013 Tc, I had a 22" aftermarket resonator on it also, don't know which brand was since I just told the guy to put a long resonator to eliminate the drone. I really do not like how the magnaflow sounds on the corolla, I believe is the stock resonators. I am thinking on replacing them with one 18" to 22" one, but no idea which one should I get.

I'm talking about the intake tube for the airbox. The air gets restricted in that just to get to the air box. It's a pain in the ass to get off but worth it. Not gonna hurt your engine. It is for sound baffling only.
I did it and yes, it is better without it, pain to get it out. I had to cut it in peaces to take it out :mad:

Im still going back and forth over this one. Had the Typhoon on the computer screen, CC# typed in and backed out. Seams like the reviews on this are 50/50 for whether or not it throws the CEL. Yours was obviously a success?
Mine is HPS, I think. Haven't had any problems with it. The MAF sensor kicked my CEL on today, but cleared about 3 hours later.

I have a magnaflow on mine, same one I had on my 2013 Tc, I had a 22" aftermarket resonator on it also, don't know which brand was since I just told the guy to put a long resonator to eliminate the drone. I really do not like how the magnaflow sounds on the corolla, I believe is the stock resonators. I am thinking on replacing them with one 18" to 22" one, but no idea which one should I get.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/MPE-10416 This is what I installed and is much to my liking...this is for replacing the factory resonators

What do you mean by improve? At highway cruising speed, there is barely drone to mention. When the engine is put under load, say a steep incline, there is some drone at 3000 + RPM, then settles down again at cruising rpm. This can be adjusted too I'm sure with vering mufflers. I matched the magnaflow muffler as well.

What do you mean by improve? At highway cruising speed, there is barely drone to mention. When the engine is put under load, say a steep incline, there is some drone at 3000 + RPM, then settles down again at cruising rpm. This can be adjusted too I'm sure with vering mufflers. I matched the magnaflow muffler as well.
The drone at 1800/2100(cruising)RPM is pretty annoying. I keep the car @2500/2800 on the highway, no drone over 22/2300(cruising). It does get loud when stepping on the gas(normal), but once I'm cruising over the above RPM is quite. Overall I avoid anything between 1800 and 2100 rpm for cruising. I do 70 percent city which is why I want to change the stock resonators to see if I improve that.
I remember in my scion there was no drone, very quite on the cabin at any rpm (cruising) and very nice sound on the outside. I do miss that but the resonator i had in it I have no idea what it was.