Exhaust

Is it a good idea to change the stock exhaust to my 2010 corolla a/t. I have a friend he change his exhaust in his corolla but its m/t.. it really sounds good when changing gear..

Need an advice.. thanks

It's not a matter of whether or not it's a good idea, but it's a matter of preference. If you do decide to replace your exhaust, choose one with a low rumble. Stay away from loud ricey exhaust especially the high pitched ones.

Any exhaust you install will only amplify the sound of Corolla's tiny engine so you'll actually have people impressed with the sound or laughing at it. Improving the performance is a matter of opinion. Personally, I'm happy with the sound and performance of my stock exhaust, so I'm keeping it for now. As for after markets, the TRD is one of the nicest looking ones in my opinion. You can also install it yourself since no welding is required. Some of the more popular brands are Borla, Magnaflow, Flow Master, and Apexi. There are tons of others. Just check YouTube. You can also get advice from your local muffler shop.

I had a Borla muffler for many years before I turbocharged my 09 Corolla S. It sounded great with it. Very quiet under 3k rpm and above 3500 rpm it had the most wonderful tone to it. It was deep and not at all high pitched. It was the best sounding 4 cylinder car I've ever owned.