Factory Bluetooth mic

Anyone know where the factory mic is in the 2014 corolla? Non entune version (L model)

In changing the headunit out and want to put the new Mic in the same general area. Where did everyone else hide the mic to their aftermarket headunit?

Some aftermarket units won’t work with the factory mic. Never made sense to me either. A mic is a mic.
Your factory mic is up by your interior lights and from what I’ve heard, that panel is a mother to remove!
I had to use the mic that came with my Kenwood. I placed it above the mirror.

Some aftermarket units won’t work with the factory mic. Never made sense to me either. A mic is a mic.
Your factory mic is up by your interior lights and from what I’ve heard, that panel is a mother to remove!
I had to use the mic that came with my Kenwood. I placed it above the mirror.
Yea I don' get that. Only thing I could think is polarity issues. I need to see what color the wires are for the mic. I might have to play with it

Shok

Anyone know where the factory mic is in the 2014 corolla? Non entune version (L model)

In changing the headunit out and want to put the new Mic in the same general area. Where did everyone else hide the mic to their aftermarket headunit?
The factory mic is integrated behind the map light panel.
Wiring to the non-entune radio is IMG_20180403_184835.png as attached. There are 5 wires for the mic. Pins 4, 5, 6, 18 and 19 of the 28 pin connector (E111).

Thanks! Will definitely reference this when my wiring harness comes in. In the mean time I'll keep googling to see if someone did it successfully.