Faulty Clutch

The clutch of my manual Toyota Corolla 2011 produces a humming noise especially whilst balancing on a steep slope. The local dealer advised me that the clutch release bearing was rusted and replaced it. However, this has not solved the problem. Any ideas on what could be wrong?

No idea, but it should be covered under warranty. Your Toyota dealership will need to diagnose the problem, instead of just throwing parts at it, hoping by the process of elimination they will get it right.

Unfortunately, new car dealerships pay their auto technicians a lower rate for warranty work compared to repair work, so what many times will happen is the technician will just take a guess as to what the problem is and replace that part since it's covered under warranty anyway, then get your car out of the garage so they can move on to higher paying repair jobs. That's not diagnosing of course, but merely guesswork. The downside is that many cars under warranty don't get repaired correctly until after several trips to the dealership to have part A. replaced, then part B., etc. Personally I find that very shoddy and poor customer service, as well as costly to the vehicle manufacturer who is paying out the nose for warranty claims on parts that have nothing at all wrong with them.

When you go back, specifically ask them to diagnose the problem and not just replace parts.

Good luck with it.