Fidget spinner shifter bushing mod (2013 Mt)

honestly I can't tell if my bushing are worn or not, however for the past few months I have been thinking about changing them out. Just have not taken the time to research what will work. I will be trying this for sure. I have a fidget spinner I don't mind ruining. Thanks for the info.

D Rock

honestly I can't tell if my bushing are worn or not, however for the past few months I have been thinking about changing them out. Just have not taken the time to research what will work. I will be trying this for sure. I have a fidget spinner I don't mind ruining. Thanks for the info.
When I checked my worn out bushings all I do is hold the clutch arm or the shifter arm with one hand, and the other hand holding the shifter cable ends and a slight wiggle to check for play between the cable end and bushing. Inside the rubber bushing is a brass sleeve that's about a mill or so thick.
My only concern at this point is moisture build up inside the bearings. (all this rain!) But I've been thinking of going back and trying some rubber washers on top and bottom to weather proof it a bit better. So far it's still holding up great. Might even check my bearings tomorrow and give an update.
I honestly think the oem bushings should last alot longer. Not sure if my car was abused before I bought it, but I'm leaning towards it. My 13 has 54k on it now. ✌️

Well, I went ahead and did it. However I only needed 8 washers. I don't knw the sizes of hand, but what I did was use a strong double sided tape to keep them together and the spacing was just right for the pin to slide in. I as well have concerns with the bearings rusting, but at the same time the don't need to spin around. I will be checking periodically for the washers themselves for rusting away.