First Time Corolla Buyer

Hey everyone,
On 2/17/14 I bought my first 2014 Corolla S Plus. I used to own a 2000 Chevy Malibu and wow at 97,000 miles everything started falling apart lol
After a week with my Corolla I can now say why people love them so much!

I just bought a white S for my wife, so far we love it. My only concern is with the CVT transmission, but since its a Toyota I'm hoping its not something I have to worry about.

I have the 6MT. Sixth gear keeps the engine nice and low at freeway speeds for noise and mileage (2600 @ 75), and the first five gears make up for the underpowered engine.

Also, it is one of the smoothest shifting transmissions I've seen.

I have a six speed in my Civic, but this new Corolla is my wife's, and she doesn't like manuals. A clutch makes any car a lot more fun.

I can't see how a clutch makes a car fun. I will never own another manual. 6 speed auto is the way to go.
The only time I do not enjoy it, is when I'm stuck in heavy traffic. I live in a midsized town so its usually not an issue. Now, the Corolla will be our vaction car so the Civic won't have to deal with big city traffic anymore.

I can understand where paddle shift would be beneficial on a race track, but a clutch gives you more control, making it more fun. Also gear throws are more exciting than clicking a paddle.

The CVT transmission is definitely a lot more fun to play with. The auto transmission is pretty crappy. With the CVT you can shift with either the paddle shifters or using the shifter. Plus manual mode on the CVT actually feels like manual so it's pretty fun.

Rowing my own gears is a blast. You can't launch on an automatic like you can on a manual, although I got my girl's 2010 automatic to spin tires off the line by loading the torque converter.

To each and their own.

Traffic doesn't bother me. Shifting is second nature to me. I do it without thinking.

Rowing my own gears is a blast. You can't launch on an automatic like you can on a manual, although I got my girl's 2010 automatic to spin tires off the line by loading the torque converter.

To each and their own.

Traffic doesn't bother me. Shifting is second nature to me. I do it without thinking.
To each their own is correct. But manual does get annoying as hell in traffic. CVT is like manual except you can't really **** up too bad lol