First Time Corolla Owner - S Plus

Hey everyone! I just bought my first car ever, 2014 S Plus (Super White). Excited to see what other owners are doing with their cars.
My goals are to get tinted windows, auto start, plasti-dip emblems and so on. If any of you have any advice on these things please let me know!

Thanks in advance! :D

I'm leaving mine alone for now. If I did anything, it would be EBC Brakes all around and a turbo-kit. Everything else would stay stock. Except maybe the speakers.

I'm also a first time Toyota owner now. Just picked up my 2014 Toyota Corolla S Plus in Blue Crush Metallic a couple weeks ago. Coming from a 2007 Saab 9-3 2.0T so I can definitely feel the power difference but love the car so far. Thinking of tinting just the back three windows 20% (because of VT tint laws).

XEON

I just pick up mine yesterday a S Plus in Blue Crush Metallic as will.."LOVE IT" I would like to tint my windows but I'm in NYC just got a ticket in Dec. $125 on my mazda had 20%. I don't wont that again.

Window tint laws are there to protect police officers from criminals who tint their windows so dark that a police officer can't see inside the car, which provides the criminals with the ability of aiming a firearm at the police officer without the officer even knowing about it.

Window tint laws should be supported by everyone.

Corolla Cop

2014 Corolla S Plus
Window tint laws are there to protect police officers from criminals who tint their windows so dark that a police officer can't see inside the car, which provides the criminals with the ability of aiming a firearm at the police officer without the officer even knowing about it.
I couldn't have said it better myself Scott.... :thumbsup:

I agree that window tints should be limited. It just sucks that the idiots ruin it for the rest of us that truly just want it for the look on our car. I'm all about protecting our law enforcement, as I work side by side with them.

Also, if you do tint your windows and get pulled over, roll down your window and hold your hands outside until he shows up. It'll make him far more relaxed and more likely to let you off easy.

Personally, I don't tint. I like to see what is going on around me and when tint ages, it look like hell.
The place that I am going to do mine through has a lifetime warranty (and they have been around for quite awhile) against fading and such.

I know what you mean about seeing what's going on around you...that's why I'm probably not going to go as dark as most people.

The place that I am going to do mine through has a lifetime warranty (and they have been around for quite awhile) against fading and such.

I know what you mean about seeing what's going on around you...that's why I'm probably not going to go as dark as most people.
Lifetime Warranty will definitely help.

My '96 Mustang GT had tint and it turned purple. Was on there for so long that when I pulled the tint off the purple stayed on the glass, and I was paranoid about scraping off the rear defroster grip to remove it, so I left it there (sold the car anyway so it doesn't matter now).

And yeah, I've been in cars where people tinted their windows so dark that changing lanes at night was an adventure.

I paid top dollar for tint and the install 12 years ago (over $300 I think), and no signs of fade or purple color. The only problem with it were light scratches from my children scraping on it. The shop I had it done at is known as the best around.

I doubt we will tint the new car though, and I never tinted my current car either.