First time poster.Kinda beating a dead horse,But..

I have installed a Dash cam in my 2016 corolla and am in the process of hard wiring it. I have used an add a fuse and hooked it up to both the 'Stop" fuse and also the "Park" fuse which I was told had continuous power but to no avail. Both have 10A fuses so was wondering if the add a fuse needs to be plugged in a certain way.

I also just stuck the ACC wire from the hard wire kit directly into the ACC fuse with no problem.

Yes, the “add a fuse” connectors are directional.
If your making these connections under the dash, there are a couple of unused slots that you can “add a fuse” to.
From what I remember, 99% of them will only turn on with the car.
Are you looking to keep the cam powered up all the time or just when your in motion?

Powered up all the time
Unless you have a battery pack or your dash cam has a built in option to shut off power to the camera once your vehicles battery has reached a certain voltage, I would not do this.

Hooking the camera up to be on all the time is a good way to come out to the vehicle with a dead battery in the morning.

What kind of dash camera are you running?
I would go straight to the battery then. Make sure you fuse the connection close to the battery.
I haven’t found a fuse slot that is “hot” all the time. They seem to all work with the ignition switch.
The Stop light/brake fuse for the brake lights are hot at all times..

Unless you have a battery pack or your dash cam has a built in option to shut off power to the camera once your vehicles battery has reached a certain voltage, I would not do this.

Hooking the camera up to be on all the time is a good way to come out to the vehicle with a dead battery in the morning.

What kind of dash camera are you running?

The Stop light/brake fuse for the brake lights are hot at all times..
It's a Thinkware 800 it does have a voltage cut off if the battery were to get to a specified voltage. Iv'e read 2 posts that say they have used the fuse marked "Stop" and the one that says "Park" but I have not been successful with either one of those.

It's a Thinkware 800 it does have a voltage cut off if the battery were to get to a specified voltage. Iv'e read 2 posts that say they have used the fuse marked "Stop" and the one that says "Park" but I have not been successful with either one of those.
I am also running a Thinkware 2CH system in my vehicle and have it hardwired. I have a Cellink-B battery pack to power the cams while in parking mode.

• Connect yellow to a constant 12v fuse (Brake/stop lamp), red to an ignition switched/ACC fuse, and black to a ground
The "park" fuse only gets power when your parking lights are turned on.

Since you don't have a external battery pack for your dash cam(s) I would recommend you setting the cut-off voltage to either 12v or 12.2v.

Just so you know, there will come a time where your battery voltage will quickly drop to the cut-off voltage in under 30 minutes.

My brother has a Thinkware 2CH system in his Camry taking power straight from the battery. His cut-off voltage is set to 12v and after turning his vehicle off the camera shuts down due to low battery voltage after less than 1 hour. Car starts fine every time though.

Last edited:
I am also running a Thinkware 2CH system in my vehicle and have it hardwired. I have a Cellink-B battery pack to power the cams while in parking mode.

• Connect yellow to a constant 12v fuse (Brake/stop lamp), red to an ignition switched/ACC fuse, and black to a ground
The "park" fuse only gets power when your parking lights are turned on..
I'll try it but the yellow wire on my hard wire kit says ACC and the red says Battery.