floor mats

Dirk

I am new to Toyota. And I have noticed the maintenance includes 'proper installation of floor mats'. First time I have ever seen that on a maintenance check list from a car manufacturer.

Anyone know what the significance of that is? I don't even have floor mats -- certainly not Toyota floor mats as the car did not come with them. Do you have them?

Honestly I got tired of my driver's side floormat because the men at the car wash place would detach them and not reattach them the right way. It was too hard for me to get it reattached to the hooks, so I just took the floormat out and I have it stored in my trunk.

Dirk

Honestly I got tired of my driver's side floormat because the men at the car wash place would detach them and not reattach them the right way. It was too hard for me to get it reattached to the hooks, so I just took the floormat out and I have it stored in my trunk.
I'm without them and will probably stay that way on drivers side since it's such a pain. Dont want my warranty voided over a dumb technicality.

Dirk

I bought the extended warranty -- concerned they will try and find a loophole to squirm their way out of it. Never thought in a million years floor mats would be a issue as its actually on the maintenance required checklist.

I'm just not going to have a drivers side floormat i suppose. Cause I'm not paying nearly 200 bucks for theirs as they seem to be worth about 1/10th of that.