Fog Light Advice

Mr. K

Corolla S plus
Ok, getting restless again after putting in my sill plates and rear bumper skid plate.

Thinking of changing out the fog lights to give a different look, different color. But my questions are as follows.

1. How difficult will it be to replace the bulbs? I have an S plus so if I can just do the bulbs, great, if I have to re-wire or buy a new housing, forget it. Could not find a manual online. Also if it will mess with the integrity for water, won't do it.

2. Want to keep the fog lights functional for the original purpose, so what colors are good and LEGAL? I live in WA State.

3. Was thinking of PIAA, but what other brands are good?

Just having fun with my new car. :D

Easiest thing I have found is to just buy a decent vinyl film and apply it over the foglights you currently have. Heatgun is your friend. Use an X-Axto knife to trim the rest. I will try to upload a picture soon. Easy, fast, cheap, and worth it.

Ok, getting restless again after putting in my sill plates and rear bumper skid plate.

Thinking of changing out the fog lights to give a different look, different color. But my questions are as follows.

1. How difficult will it be to replace the bulbs? I have an S plus so if I can just do the bulbs, great, if I have to re-wire or buy a new housing, forget it. Could not find a manual online. Also if it will mess with the integrity for water, won't do it.

2. Want to keep the fog lights functional for the original purpose, so what colors are good and LEGAL? I live in WA State.

3. Was thinking of PIAA, but what other brands are good?

Just having fun with my new car. :D
Look for the thread in this section titled "Nokya NOK9618 Full Install"

It is on Page 4. It is a write-up I did for how to change your fog lights and wire these ones up.

The fog lights I got are great and do far better than the OEM ones. There is another LED conversion kit out there, but they aren't yellow and the beam pattern doesn't look good for fog from what I can tell (I tried to ask the guy to get a picture of the beam pattern in a dark parking lot on flat land and he has been dodging, so that tells me that it probably isn't any good).

You can go with the PIAA lights, but for the price they want for them, going to LED makes more sense as the light is a sharper yellow and you get more out of it. The stock bulbs are at 19 watts, which doesn't give you much light. These LEDs are 10 watts and pump out a ton of light.

Last edited: