For Those Who Want Fog Lights

White lenses and bulbs are not fog lights, they are driving lights, to light up the road further than headlights do. Amber lenses and bulbs are honest to gosh fog lights, as the amber light cuts through the fog much better than white light.

That kit is unnecessary.

Cars typically come with two wiring harnesses. One for automatics, and one for stickshifts.

If the car has two different engines (such as the Mustang), then you'll have 4 harnesses.

They do this, because if they were to make a harness for every possible combination of options available, the inventory would cost the company a fortune.

If you want foglights on your car, all you need is the headlight stalk with the fog light switch, the fog lights themselves, and the fog light relay.

The wiring is already there.

These eBay kits are cheap for a reason. They aren't OEM, and often won't perform as well or last as long. I bet after the sun hits those lenses they yellow or crack and peel like nobody's business.

I had a base Matrix. I could see the plug that was meant for the foglights tucked away near the radiator, and I could see the wiring for the rear wiper, as well as the wiring for the clutch pedal switch for cruise control.

But in the end, it was easier to buy a loaded S then it was to update the Matrix ... plus the Corolla is gorgeous inside and out.

I have this [ame="http://www.amazon.com/Lights-Replacement-Toyota-Corolla-FL-TY064-AC3/dp/B005ZHYYVO/ref=au_pf_ss_14?ie=UTF8&Make=Toyota%7C76&Model=Corolla%7C1013&Year=2013%7C2013&carId=&n=15684181&s=automotive"]Fog Light[/ame] and connected every wires, lights and switch. The problem I have is the red wire. I tried the mirror lead wire and doesn't seem to work. Any other suggestions?

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Well correct me if I am wrong, I am just trying to say. and if I use the word fog light shoot me!

headlights throw a beam they fill up the front but not what is directly in front of the car. So driving lights will fill in the very front to the beginning of the headlights if not in the headlights beam,

Fog lights color yellow is only a filter of "WHITE" so if you think it cuts through fog, think again, it is a sign of Danger, so to speak, so driving with them on all the time is just not cool, but when it is foggy it will warn you, or should I say others.

So white fogs lights, will be acceptable. And turning off any fog lamps in fog, will be the wisest choice.

Last edited:
fishy, hazards are a sign of danger, not yellow fogs. They do cut through fog, as yellows tend to penetrate through particulates without casting a reflection. Even if it is white light through a yellow filter, the result is the same