Front passenger seat sits TOO low

i have the 15' Corolla S+. My wife always complained that her front passenger seat sits way too low. I never paid much attention because I always drove. But the other day I was the passenger and it does sit TOO low. I know there's no adjustment. But today I went to get my 15K service and sat in the passenger seat of a corolla S Premium that sits much higher and it too doesn't have an adjustment. They said its normal. Anyone else notice this?

well if you have a 2015 Corolla S+ there is an adjustment on the side of the seat....there should be two levers on the left driver side and one of them adjust the back rest and the other is like a pump that brings the seat up or down...theres no way ur car does not have an adjustment... and plus the S corolla does sit lower than like a normal non sport camry... its for a sporty feel.

I think part of the illusion that is created is the extremely high dashboard line on these Corolla's. It makes you feel like you are trying to peak over a ridge in a way. I do not have an S, so try what the above poster just suggested.

ToyBoy

i have the 15' Corolla S+. My wife always complained that her front passenger seat sits way too low. I never paid much attention because I always drove. But the other day I was the passenger and it does sit TOO low. I know there's no adjustment. But today I went to get my 15K service and sat in the passenger seat of a corolla S Premium that sits much higher and it too doesn't have an adjustment. They said its normal. Anyone else notice this?
A cheap remedy is a aftermarket car seat cushion.

Yup, misread it as driver's seat. My mistake.

If it bothers her that much, the dealer MIGHT be able to add spacers. I say might because there is an airbag underneath that seat and I'm not sure how much changing the height will affect deployment, if it would at all. I would honestly avoid using a cushion or anything of the sort due to that airbag.

You are correct. I would highly recommend against using any type of seat cushion or padding on any modern vehicle as they are all equipped with advanced multi-stage airbags that often rely on your seating position, weight, and other factors.

well, I find my 2013 passenger seat sits high with no adjustment either. Being I am the only one in the family that has a license and drives everyone around, I am never in the passenger seat so it does not bother me and if anyone complains about the seat they can walk.

I still think a seat cushion is fine. There is the light on the dash that tells when the passenger seat is occupied for air bag deployment. It doesn`t take a whole lot of weight to activate. A large bag of groceries sitting there will do it . I really don`t see any other choices in the matter.

I have realized that my 2015 Corolla L has a very low passenger seat as well, and a very high dashboard, I have seen that there are all kinds of car cushions sold in the Internet, but I would suggest you go and visit your dealer, because as some other members have said, your security comes first. I hope you find a good and safe solution and let us hear about it!

I still think a seat cushion is fine. There is the light on the dash that tells when the passenger seat is occupied for air bag deployment. It doesn`t take a whole lot of weight to activate. A large bag of groceries sitting there will do it . I really don`t see any other choices in the matter.
There is an airbag that is literally under that seat that deploys in a crash (and assists with keeping that passenger from sliding forward in the seat in an impact).

Using a cushion will affect deployment, and most likely in a manner that adversely affects how it performs.

Totally agree, the passenger seating is ridiculously low with no height adjustment,
it shows total disregard for the comfort for the passenger. I have a 2018 ZR hatch and was thinking of trading up to the latest model, but because of the low passenger seating we are now looking at a different make of vehicle.
a very silly oversight on the part of Toyota.

Totally agree, the passenger seating is ridiculously low with no height adjustment,
it shows total disregard for the comfort for the passenger. I have a 2018 ZR hatch and was thinking of trading up to the latest model, but because of the low passenger seating we are now looking at a different make of vehicle.
a very silly oversight on the part of Toyota.
I traded a 2009 Volvo C30 T5 for the 2018 top of the range Corolla ZR hatch. The Volvo had fully electrical adjustable seats, including HEIGH adjustment. We love the Corolla, but this one oversight would prevent us from buying another one. So Toyota, no passenger seat height adjustment means no more Toyota’s for us, sorry.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Well now the commercials have already hit after the car is out, and they say Lower, wider, etc... Yep to low for comfort, you feel like you're scraping the bottoms Lol 2016 we had was much more comfortable. especially when the tires wire a higher series not 40's