Front Suspension Noise

Hi everyone
I just picked up my 2014 Corolla S last Friday: over the past two days I have noticed some front left suspension clatter noise over side bumpy roads: I am very careful driving slow over any bumps/ potholes: car has 200 miles on it: any one have any ideas/ thoughts/ anyone else notice this noise? Thank you

Welcome to the Corolla Forum! :clap::thumbup::):thumbup1::party::balloon:

When brand new cars are delivered to the dealership, sometimes factory installed protective insulation and cushions/bumpers can remain with the car and that can cause the noise you describe. You have a warranty with the car so I agree with Donabed in taking it back to the dealer and have them check it out. Whatever happens, don't let them give you the standard, "That's normal", line. It wouldn't be normal unless all the other Corolla's were also making the same exact noise and what do you want to bet that all the other Corolla's aren't making that noise? :thumbup1:

Last edited:
I never thought I could already have an issue with my brand new car with 200 miles: hopefully this can be fixed and no more issues: fingers crossed: thanks for your help

Haven't had a chance to bring it in yet: I did look into it myself so far and it appears it may be the plastic shield within the driver side front wheelwell rubbing against the sheet metal over bumps: I may try to put something in between the plastic shield and sheet metal to see if it helps

I'll keep you posted