FRS wheels for 2016 Corolla LE....

Jake

I have a chance to purchase a set of stock FRS wheels for my 2016 Corolla LE, ( I hate the hubcaps) anyway my question is the offset. Will there be any fitment issues? Any help would be appreciated.

Jake

Never mind, after a lot of research I’ve come to the conclusion that will fit. And I used willtheyfit.com (great site btw) another question tho, the hub bore on the frs wheels is 56.1mm and the hub on the corolla is 54.1 mm, do I need hub rings for that small of a gap?

You don't need the rings if the wheels are lugcentric.

I bought used wheels with a 56.1mm bore and bought rings for peace of mind. I didn't feel comfortable relying on the wheels being lugcentric and as someone who takes the wheels off often, it helps when I put them back on and the ring centers it out.

Jake

Update.... I bought the wheels, and hub rings. It all bolts up. The issue now is the front rims hit the calipers so now a wheel spacers is needed. I’m thinking about going with some 25mm from wheel adapters USA and some longer open ended lug nuts. Just to be sure the studs are 12x1.5 right?

Good morning,
If you are having the same issues as I did when bolting up a set of FRS/BRZ wheels, then I found a solution using a pair of small spacers up front. No issues whatsoever. I will be rotating the wheels today and can post up the size of the spacer. I believe them to be a 2mm spacer.

Jake

Good morning,
If you are having the same issues as I did when bolting up a set of FRS/BRZ wheels, then I found a solution using a pair of small spacers up front. No issues whatsoever. I will be rotating the wheels today and can post up the size of the spacer. I believe them to be a 2mm spacer.
Ya I was having clearance issues on the brake calipers. I have a set of 15mm spacers on order for the front and rear.

I got everything installed, haven’t taken any pics yet. Question tho, what torque did you set the spacer bolts to? I have mine torqued to 86 ft lbs. same with the lug nuts holding he wheel to the spacer. I’ve read anywhere from 85-90 ft lbs. does that seem right?

Hey for the 2 guys that are running spacers. Just wondering where you guys ordered them from and if they are hub centric. Any issues? I really want to run a 5mm spacer on the front and 20mm on the rear with oem SE wheels on my 17. Any input would be appreciated

Jake

Hey for the 2 guys that are running spacers. Just wondering where you guys ordered them from and if they are hub centric. Any issues? I really want to run a 5mm spacer on the front and 20mm on the rear with oem SE wheels on my 17. Any input would be appreciated
The 5mm spacer will fit just fine. But the 20mm, you will have to get a bolt on style or longer studs. The spacers I have are 15mm bolt on style that are hub centric. I also had to put on a set of hub rings. But no issues so far.

Jake

The 5mm spacer will fit just fine. But the 20mm, you will have to get a bolt on style or longer studs. The spacers I have are 15mm bolt on style that are hub centric. I also had to put on a set of hub rings. But no issues so far.
Also the spacers I have are squirrelly performance. I bought them from jet.com

Jake

Also the spacers I have are squirrelly performance.

Hi Jake,
I have a set of FR-S 17" wheels I'd like to install on my 2014 Corolla LE Eco. The offset difference (between the FR-S 17" wheel and the corolla S 17" wheel) is 9mm (48mm vs 39mm), so I was hoping to use 10mm spacers. However, the studs will be too short. I'm a little skeptical that the 5mm will clear my calipers ... so the 15mm hub centric bolt-on's might be the way to go ... can you share a picture of how they look? I'm concerned that they will stick-out too far (appearance-wise). Thanks.

I can’t share a pic. For some reason all the photos I try to post, the file size ends up being to big. But the wheels do not even stick outside the fenders it makes the tire about flush with front fenders and almost flush with the rear. It looks good in my opinion with the wider track. 15mm is only about 1/2 inch so the track is about 1 inch wider overall.

Awesome. I also had to use hub rings because the hub bore on the rims were 56.1mm and the hub on the car was 54.1mm, it’s not a huge gap but it helps with centering the wheel. I would recommend getting them.

Just picked up a set of BRZ rims and to my surprise the front is touching the caliper. If using a spacer, the tire shop told me that the studs will be too short. Please advise.

Just picked up a set of BRZ rims and to my surprise the front is touching the caliper. If using a spacer, the tire shop told me that the studs will be too short. Please advise.
I have a set of FR-S wheels for my winter tires. The wheels have a Subaru offset so you have to use spacers. I used a set of 20mm spacers and they fit perfectly. They have new studs because of the width of them. Here is a pic of the spacers. 5x100mm billet aluminum with a 54.1 hub centric bore.

I bought these hub centric rings because the FR-S/BRZ wheels have a center bore size of 56.1mm. These fill the gap for the 54.1mm Toyota hub size.

This is the back of the FR-S/BRZ wheels. You can see the holes where the studs will fit into if you use a 15mm or 20mm spacer. If you use a 25mm spacer the thickness of the spacer is more than your OEM wheel studs so they won't stick out past the spacer. No worries with the FR-S wheels though. You can see how the centering ring fits inside the wheels hub. It just snaps in.

This is how they fit with 20mm spacers. Perfect!

I have a set of FR-S wheels for my winter tires. The wheels have a Subaru offset so you have to use spacers. I used a set of 20mm spacers and they fit perfectly. They have new studs because of the width of them. Here is a pic of the spacers. 5x100mm billet aluminum with a 54.1 hub centric bore.

I bought these hub centric rings because the FR-S/BRZ wheels have a center bore size of 56.1mm. These fill the gap for the 54.1mm Toyota hub size.

This is the back of the FR-S/BRZ wheels. You can see the holes where the studs will fit into if you use a 15mm or 20mm spacer. If you use a 25mm spacer the thickness of the spacer is more than your OEM wheel studs so they won't stick out past the spacer. No worries with the FR-S wheels though. You can see how the centering ring fits inside the wheels hub. It just snaps in.

Thank you very much for the reply brother! Any place you recommend I should buy the spacers? I'm assuming you put the spacers in all 4 wheels?

Thank you very much for the reply brother! Any place you recommend I should buy the spacers? I'm assuming you put the spacers in all 4 wheels?

Can you tell me about slamming the car a few inches? What springs do you recommend??

Can you tell me about slamming the car a few inches? What springs do you recommend??
I'm not a fan of slamming a car but lowering it some for better handling I'm all up for. Eibach springs are a great option to get a nice lowered look but the ride is still nice with much improved handling. If you want to be able to dial in the ride and height you can go with BC coilovers. That's what I'm currently on.