Full stero/ac/steering wheel redo.

So I picked up a 2006 corolla s for next to nothing ($800) and it's in good condition with only 112k miles and mechanically it's as good as new. Blue book is about 4k-5k so since I got it so cheap I figured I could put a little money into modernizing the car and maybe getting a little more out of it when it's time to upgrade or if I decide to keep it enjoy the luxuries of modern cars for a fraction of the cost. So far I swapped out the cloth seats for leather which was about $100 (rounded up) and the hassle of a god damn life time dealing with a stripped bolt on the passenger seat. My next move is to upgrade the stero. Now here's my question. My girlfriend drives a 2018 jeep and the uconnect stero has controls for the AC. If I were to take a uconnect system off a totaled car at my local pick your part place, does anyone know how hard it would be, or if it's even possible to rewire the ac controls to the uconnect system? I can do the steering wheel no problem. I already bought a 2015 corolla steering wheel that has the buttons I need. If I can't hook up the AC to the Uconnect I'd rather save time and spend few more dollars buying a new stereo with back up camera bluetooth ect. Then struggle to pull all of that off a totaled car just to have features I can't use.