FWD and CV joints?

If I get a Corolla, it will be my first FWD car. About how often do the CV joints need to be replaced? And about how much does it cost?

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
I wouldn't say CV joints are a common maintenance item but they can go out due to many factors. For my Corolla, the boots were punctured by something which caused them to leak the grease and eventually fail. This is most likely because of the road and weather conditions for me up north but for most people, they don't have to change their CV boots at all for the life of their vehicle. So I guess it varies depending on your driving conditions.

You can extend the life of your CV joints by "only" shifting the transmission while fully stopped. Most people have a tendency to shift gears while the vehicle is still moving. It's comes down to your type of driving style. There is no set replacement schedule. Once you start hearing a clicking noise when shifting into gear and/or rounding corners, it's time.

You can extend the life of your CV joints by "only" shifting the transmission while fully stopped. Most people have a tendency to shift gears while the vehicle is still moving. It's comes down to your type of driving style. There is no set replacement schedule. Once you start hearing a clicking noise when shifting into gear and/or rounding corners, it's time.
Typed too fast. I neglected to say with an automatic/CVT transmission and during a slow speed roll, such as backing out of a driveway or parking space and then shifting into drive while rolling backwards. Same thing going forward and shifting into reverse.