Gas Filter

Auto manufacturer's eliminated the in-line fuel filters in 2005, I believe. They have added them to the fuel pump assembly to save costs, which is unfortunate. These filters have no specified replacement interval like the old days. It's best to wait until the fuel pump has issues and replace the entire assembly.

ToyBoy

Thanks, I keyed in a search for one and could not find any. Also I know where the PCV valve is located and watched a video on replacement,just wonder when that is due and would you bother to do your own or take it in?

Thanks, I keyed in a search for one and could not find any. Also I know where the PCV valve is located and watched a video on replacement,just wonder when that is due and would you bother to do your own or take it in?
You shouldn’t have to worry about the PCV until your car throws a code. Which could be never.

PCV changes follow the fuel filter scenario above. These used to be routinely changed at 60K miles, but now inspection only. Toyota placed it in a location which is very hard to get to. The previous design placement was in the side of the head. I wouldn't bother with it, unless you start observing multiple engine oil leaks. That would be an indicator that it is sticking/plugged up and in need of replacement.

ToyBoy

Thanks, I`ve had cars in the past where the PCV valve was right out in the open and you could change them in a minute for a couple bucks.