Geo Prizm low RPMS

Hey gents. I have a 1993 Geo Prizm, which as you guys know, is give or take the exact same vehicle as a 93 Corolla. I have an issue which has been plaguing me for a little under a year. Sometimes, it seems pretty random, I will start my car, and it will run for about a second, then the RPMs will drop to zero and the car will stall. If I hold the RPMs at above 1000 for a few seconds the car stays on. Also, the RPMs will run VERY low when I come to a stop. Around 200-500. It worries me that it is about to die. Most times I start her up, she runs fine with no issues. This randomly happens and I just can't figure it out. I've cut and re-attached corroded battery cable wires with new terminals, installed brand new spark plugs, wires, distributor cap and rotor, put in a new upstream 02 sensor, put a new alternator in, and had a "fuel system clean" at Firestone. I still encounter the problem. Has anyone else here had this problem?? It's driving me crazy. Thanks!

Depending on how many miles are on that thing, most likely because you disconnected the battery, I would recommend cleaning out your throttle body!