Gift from Toyota? Plus Wrap Synthetic 10K Plan

A couple weeks ago I purchased at certified used 2017 Toyota Corolla that had time and miles remaining on the 24 month/25000 mile Toyota Care Maintenance program. Today I received a booklet in the mail from Toyota Autocare with prepaid vouchers for maintenance going out until Jan 2023 or 75,000 miles. There is nothing on my paperwork from the dealership indicating that I purchased a vehicle maintenance plan. I have not purchased any maintenance plans from anyone since purchasing the car.

Am I missing something? Is this something that comes with a certified used car from Toyota? Did someone someplace screw something up and I am just the fortunate recipient someone's screw up?

Attachments

Either a mistake or marketing to get you at the dealer where they can push services and fees. Depends on the value of the vouchers : are they rebates on higher prices in the first place ? Any conditions ?

The vouchers say "Service Certificate", "Prepaid Maintenance". They start at service 6/30,000 and go to service 15/75,000. I don't see them to be rebates on anything and I don't see any conditions on them other than the number of miles each certificate is for.

Researching the plan on the internet gives me this information.

I found it at:
http://www.autofinanceproducts.com/...aid-Maintenance_PlusWrap.cfm?DealerCode=17071

Toyota Auto Care Prepaid Maintenance - Plus Wrap Coverage*

Following the manufacturer's recommended maintenance schedule is easy and affordable. Toyota Auto Care’s Plus Wrap coverage is available for new Toyotas sold with “ToyotaCare”, the complimentary maintenance plan provided by Toyota. Services under the Plus Wrap coverage begin once the “ToyotaCare” services expire.

Benefits: Plus Wrap coverage is not just an oil change! Plus Wrap coverage benefits include:**

Service at Predetermined Intervals: At every scheduled service interval, Toyota factory-trained technicians will perform the following:

• Engine Oil and Engine Oil Filter Change (if synthetic grade engine oil is indicated for your vehicle, it may require changing less often depending upon the plan purchased).
  • Check and replenishment of fluids (every 5,000 miles)
  • Tire Rotation (every 5,000 miles)
  • Multi-point inspection (every 5,000 miles)
24-Hour Roadside Assistance. Plus Wrap coverage includes at no extra charge 24-hour roadside assistance for the full term of your agreement. This benefit includes the following (maximum $100 per occurrence, does not include parts and fluids):

• Lockout Protection
  • Flat Tire Changes
  • Jump Starts
  • Fuel and Fluid Delivery
  • Towing (non-accident related emergencies)
  • Concierge Service (courtesy assistance including emergency phone call support relating to a breakdown)
Other Benefits

• Convenient prepaid maintenance certificates
  • Timed service reminders
  • Computerized service history
Prepaid Maintenance Plan Comparison
Download this one page sheet that compares the benefits under each coverage plan. To view PDF files, you will need the free Adobe Acrobat Reader™.

Plan Terms. Depending on how long you plan to keep your car, you can choose from coverage terms of three to six years.

Back to Prepaid Maintenance Home

* This is a summary of the benefits available. All products described are subject to the terms and conditions of the particular agreement. This does not constitute a solicitation for the product.
** Additional services may be recommended by your servicing dealer. These additional services are not covered by your Plus agreement and will be your responsibility.

Oh then it's not a gift nor a mistake. Previous owner probably bought this third party/dealer package and it follows the car. Their main argument is that you are protected against inflation by paying your maintenance in advance but their main goal is dealer loyalty. I wouldn't personally care about such pre-paid package but, hey, since you have it, enjoy ! Just be cautious that some dealers, pre-paid or not, have a tendency to propose unnecessary services while you're there !

Oh then it's not a gift nor a mistake. Previous owner probably bought this third party/dealer package and it follows the car. Their main argument is that you are protected against inflation by paying your maintenance in advance but their main goal is dealer loyalty. I wouldn't personally care about such pre-paid package but, hey, since you have it, enjoy ! Just be cautious that some dealers, pre-paid or not, have a tendency to propose unnecessary services while you're there !
I'm with you Jolly. Reminds me when I purchase extended warranty on my brand new 2000 4Runner limited truck which was around 2k and covered everything bumper to bumper up to 100K and forgot how many years. Well the truck was expensive as "F" but it was a good truck but being naive they scared me with "If anything happens to that 4x4 system, just to get it on the lift is 500 bucks deal" and me being 18 years old with some cash at the time didn't care and went for it.

The car was flawless for the first 100K miles so didn't use it but gave me piece of mind at least. At 105K I remember going across some deep water, few inches passed the door and my car was already high if you know 3rd gen 4Runners, I had 31 inch tires on it and a locking diff in rear, nice 4x4 system 4high, low, it was unstoppable. Long story short after putting my car in 4wd High, I then wasn't able to get it out of 4wd, it was stuck. Tried every trick recommended on the forum but still. Ended up that some solenoid got clogged up or something and I believe it was caused by the deep water crossing or just a coincidence. It was 400 bucks to replace it 5k miles passed extended warranty. I haven't purchased extended warranty on any of my cars since then.

Of course if I was naive and bough an unreliable vehicle like a range rover or Fiat500, I would get the warranty. Check the video of Doug Demuro and his problems with a range rover bought from carmax. He knew exactly what he was getting into so when they offered unlimited or a good extended warranty for 5k or something like that he went for it. You won't believe how much crap broke on this car and how much it would cost him out of pocket if he didn't have the warranty. No wonder 5 year old range rovers go for 6k dollars. Interesting watch:

Well however that it came about into being, it will maybe save me a few dollars as I don't have a dime invested in it. By the car being away at college I can have the kid run it to the dealership to get the basics done every 5K miles and I should not have to worry about it.