Got My 2015 Corolla S

Status
Not open for further replies.

cb500f

I've pretty impressed with the car so far.

I had a 2004 Chevrolet Colorado so the change was pretty drastic.

Coming to the board looking for some upgrade ideas. I am pretty techy and handy. I used to install car stereo's until they became way to intergraded with the car.

I have put about 500km's on the car since I picked it up on Friday evening and have to say that for a car, its pretty darn comfortable.

Looking at some first upgrades. I need the backup lights to be brighter so that the back up camera is a little better in lower light situations and haven't decided if additional lights need to be added or if I can just add brighter bulbs.

I wanna put in the scuff plates on the door sills and also the trunk area.

I have a dog so I need to find some protection for that whole ordeal. I didn't really care that she destroyed the truck .... she ate the seatbelts in the extended cab. . . . no good!

I also wanna make all the interior lights super blue ...

Anyways ... I am sure I will find a tonne of things to change and make original!

See ya around the boards :thumbsup:

Attachments

Get these bulbs for your license plate lights. It will make a huge difference at night with the back-up camera.

SuperBrightLED's WHP6 in Cool White
Almost the same? I'm looking for something good at night.
The one you provided will cost me a lot more since they charge custom / and take longer to ship to canada.

[ame]http://www.amazon.ca/Bulbs-Side-Light-White-Wedge/dp/B00AFVILEQ/ref=sr_1_7?ie=UTF8&qid=1414775243&sr=8-7&keywords=194+Bulb+6[/ame]

From what I have seen, it's pretty black ... it does have a sparkle .. but not really an orange peel look to it .... All I know is she is beautiful when she is clean and glistening in the sun :) :) :)
Congratulations on your new car. Looks great.

Frankly I'm tired of the "orange peel" discussion. A car will still shine and glisten whether it has some orange peel or not. The issue drove a forum member away when he was criticized for not going to war over it,and I wish the topic would go away. I'm a chemist with a background in coatings, polymer formulations, and metals, and I know very well of the characteristics of currently required low VOC auto paints, so I'm confident enough in my knowledge and opinions not to debate this anymore with those who dont have the same background. I think we should let people enjoy their cars, and decide what they feel is important and not criticize their choices, and try to help them out when they have a real issue.

Scott, I know your comment is primarily directed at me. I don't challenge your knowledge or promotion of Amsoil products, so let's bury the hatchet here and move on and have productive discussions.

No it wasn't at all. It was a reference in general, as many people here have thrown up their hands regarding the orange peel issue and quit and that bothers me. No hatchet was ever involved. :thumbsup: Just because something is common doesn't in any way make it, "okay". I don't give a flying rats rear what kind of paint Toyota uses, it shouldn't be resulting in ugly orange peel in the paint. I would never personally spend thousands and thousands of dollars on a car that had ugly orange peel in the paint. No way, no how. If enough people would do this, the vehicle manufacturers would have to find a solution to the problem. But with consumer accepting this defective paint, the vehicle manufacturers have absolutely zero motivation to fix the problem. Consumers have a great deal of influence, if they use it.

Last edited:
No it wasn't at all. It was a reference in general, as many people here have thrown up their hands regarding the orange peel issue and quit and that bothers me. No hatchet was ever involved. :thumbsup: Just because something is common doesn't in any way make it, "okay". I don't give a flying rats rear what kind of pain Toyota uses, it shouldn't be resulting in ugly orange peel in the paint. I would never personally spend thousands and thousands of dollars on a car that had ugly orange peel in the paint. No way, no how. If enough people would do this, the vehicle manufacturers would have to find a solution to the problem. But with consumer accepting this defective paint, the vehicle manufacturers have absolutely zero motivation to fix the problem. Consumers have a great deal of influence, if they use it.
Scott, glad to hear there is nothing personal. We're going to have to agree to disagree on the orange peel issue. I agree with you corporations ( of any kind) should not be able to push individuals around and get away with defects. Having been educated in this specific area, I disagree that Toyota or other carmakers can do much about this. I think most people who think they don't have any orange peel haven't looked closely enough or don't know what they're looking for. Now, there are things that can go wrong in the manufacturing process that can make it worse than it needs to be, I would agree that that specific case is a defect. I personally haven't seen any Toyota's that I think would fall under that.

Anyway, glad there are no bad feelings, and we agree that consumers absolutely should have the right to get what they paid for. We just disagree on some technical issues and why they occur and how serious a problem it is. Best wishes

Congratulations on your new car. Looks great.

Frankly I'm tired of the "orange peel" discussion. A car will still shine and glisten whether it has some orange peel or not. The issue drove a forum member away when he was criticized for not going to war over it,and I wish the topic would go away. I'm a chemist with a background in coatings, polymer formulations, and metals, and I know very well of the characteristics of currently required low VOC auto paints, so I'm confident enough in my knowledge and opinions not to debate this anymore with those who dont have the same background. I think we should let people enjoy their cars, and decide what they feel is important and not criticize their choices, and try to help them out when they have a real issue.

Scott, I know your comment is primarily directed at me. I don't challenge your knowledge or promotion of Amsoil products, so let's bury the hatchet here and move on and have productive discussions.
No my issues were being criticized for not being perfect and not using proper grammar and sentencing according to a couple of supposed experts. That also said I wouldn't get anywhere with not using proper grammar, sentencing and everything. I don't bash or criticize anyone for the way that talk, act or anything.

No my issues were being criticized for not being perfect and not using proper grammar and sentencing according to a couple of supposed experts. That also said I wouldn't get anywhere with not using proper grammar, sentencing and everything. I don't bash or criticize anyone for the way that talk, act or anything.
I can understand why you were upset. This forum does tend to get a little more personal than some others, it can lead to hurt feelings and forum members moving on. Sounds like you at least have a bit of a presence here again. If so, welcome back and I hope you and the forum both benefit from you being here.

dlayman - This forum isn't any more personal or not than any other. There are precious few problems here and it's always been this way for the years I've been here. This forum is growing by leaps and bounds as a result.

Let's try to stay on topic.

Last edited:
dlayman - This forum isn't any more personal or not than any other. There are precious few problems here and it's always been this way for the years I've been here. This forum is growing by leaps and bounds as a result.

Let's try to stay on topic.
It was on topic. Newcorollaowner was explaining that he was upset because he felt he was getting singled out over grammar, etc and took that personally. I responded to his post by trying to explain that the forum meant him no ill intentions and to welcome him back. My opinion is that the forum is middle of the road in getting personal - Subaru forester forum absolutely never did, civic forums the worst, acting like a 13 year old tedtosterone-fest.

Status
Not open for further replies.