Got my first Toyota - 2018 Corolla, LE version

Dirk

Had some reservations after having a bad experience with a GM CVT...also, I like Scotty Kilmer and he has mentioned CVT in a negative light many times. But after doing more research and talking to forum member "Jolly", my mind is more at ease.

So, the car is low miles(15k) but it's a former rental according to Carfax. And for that reason and that reason alone, I have elected to buy the platinum extended warranty( 8 yrs or 100k miles). You never know what kind of abuse a former rental has taken. So I bit the bullet on that.

So now I am looking at the maintenance schedule and I really don't see much on here besides oil change, tire rotation and inspections.

Anyone here have a similar car? And what do you do as far as maintenance? I don't even see Transmission fluid change unless car is used for towing or special conditions. GM, OTOH, had a ton of required maintenance starting at like 30k.

And with the oil change, does that come with inspection or it's a seperate charge? I want to avoid the dealer trying to squirm their way out of future repairs by looking for loopholes.

When you get a corolla yuo don't do much. You just change oil, tires, batteries and brakes. I have a 2010 and it is the best car I ever have. I just drive it. I like it so much I bought a 2019 le

Dirk

When you get a corolla yuo don't do much. You just change oil, tires, batteries and brakes. I have a 2010 and it is the best car I ever have. I just drive it. I like it so much I bought a 2019 le
Thanks, yeah. I'm thinking on getting another after this, a few years down the line. I've heard so much good things about Corollas. I've had GM or Ford my entire life so this is quite a change for me.