Hard shift from 1st to 2nd in 2013 Corolla S (Automatic)

Sometimes after warming up my 2013 Corolla S, when I start to drive, I get a hard shift from 1st to 2nd gear. The car juts forward real fast. Sometimes I don't let car warm up all the way, but I try not to just start the car, and drive off right away. But the hard shift is more noticeable when I don't let car warm up to normal operating temp.

I have also noticed that sometimes I get that clunk sound when I put car in Park.

I read from a forum that I shouldn't get a transmission flush, because people are saying that if there are metal particles from transmission stuck to the magnetic part of the transmission pan, the flush will push the metal particles into the transmission, causing more damage. People say that they drain their transmission, and replace with new fluid.

I emailed the local Toyota dealer, asking if the do a transmission drain for their transmission service, and the man replied back that they only do a flush, because a drain and fill would contaminate the new fluid with the old fluid.

What is the correct way?

Have you had the hard shift problem, and do you know of a fix?

2013 Corolla S
1.8 Liter Automatic Transmission

There was a DIY on some other forum how to do a flush, you have to open the lower span, remove the Strainer and put new magnets. After cleaning the strainer with water put in the sun for dryness and then add the same amount of fluid which was removed. Then remove the fluid line which is coming back from the radiator and start the vehicle and remove exactly 1 liter. after removing 1 liter you need to turn the car off (you need another guy to help you). add 1 liter and do it 4 times.

You are done but the main thing to do is to check the level when your car is hot. The fluid level should be in between upper 2 marks. if it is more then your car will not perform well or if it is less than you will feel slippage in the TC. Good luck with that