has anyone else tinted their tail lights with plasti dip?

recently saw a tutorial online and decided to try it myself
came out well, but even with the glossy finish, it still looks pretty matte

2 coats black + 4 coats glossy

thinking about peeling it off and trying just 1 coat black and more gloss

i'm new to the forum, bought my corolla 3 months ago, been loving it so far

Attachments

Yeah I tinted my tail lights and had the painter mix clear and black together so it gives it a transparent look so I don't have any issue with the local cops.

I know in Texas you have to have some sort of red reflector on the back of the car. Tail light being the usual. So tinted tail lights are not really an option for me. I'd have to put something else reflective red on the back of the car. Don't really see the point anyway, it makes the brake lights more dim. Some of the cars here in Houston that have them done are so dark you can't see their brakes come on. Just posting for knowledge on the subject.

Yeah I understand that! I also put LED brake lights that are red as well as LED reverse lights. It makes them pop even more and mine are really not that dark. I like them alot.

yeah i did but then I removed it and tinted them with VHT nightshades and clearcoat. looks a billion times better. and i left the actual lenses much brighter than the surrounding area for safety. look at my profile picture.