Hearing gasoline move around

shah23

So I'm new to the Corollas and I just purchased mine about 3 weeks ago. I filled up the tank twice but I noticed after filling up the tank I can hear the gas being thrown around. The first time noticing it I panicked and stopped at a parking lot to make sure gas wasn't leaking. It's not like I'm slamming on my brakes or coming to hard stop either. I'll come to a stop or begin driving and I hear the gas splashing around. Is this normal and am I the only one experiencing this? I've never owned a car where I heard that sound. I tried using the search to see if I could find a related post but found nothing. All inputs are appreciated. Thanks!

I've never heard gas splashing around in mine. If you're worried, have the dealer look at it or take one of the techs for a test drive to show them. That will help them understand what you're hearing.

shah23

Thanks for the quick reply. I did some more searching and was able to find a thread where people said it's normal. I guess it doesn't hurt to still go to the dealer. Now I need to figure out how to delete this thread