Heater Control Bulb Frying

I have a 2006 Toyota Corolla CE.

The light behind my climate control knob was burnt out, so I replaced it. Almost immediately after I started the car and the heater control panel lights came on, the bulb fell off. Confused, I looked for the bulb, and I found that it had fried, leaving blackened wires where the bulb was connected to the plastic casing.

On a different forum, part 74 was suggested, but it doesn't fit. So the bulb I used was actually the plastic holder and bulb combination ordered directly from the dealer.

Any ideas on why it's burning off? No corrosion on the copper that connects it to the car, and I just checked all my fuses, so it shouldn't be that. Let me know, thanks.

I have a 2006 Toyota Corolla CE.

The light behind my climate control knob was burnt out, so I replaced it. Almost immediately after I started the car and the heater control panel lights came on, the bulb fell off. Confused, I looked for the bulb, and I found that it had fried, leaving blackened wires where the bulb was connected to the plastic casing.

On a different forum, part 74 was suggested, but it doesn't fit. So the leds bulb I used was actually the plastic holder and bulb combination ordered directly from the dealer.

Any ideas on why it's burning off? No corrosion on the copper that connects it to the car, and I just checked all my fuses, so it shouldn't be that. Let me know, thanks.
Have you checked those wires. There might be some shortcircuit

Last edited:
Got it

Thanks for the reply. Came to find out that the part from the Toyota dealer was just bad. Took it to Toyota, they ordered in a new one, put in the new one, and all is well.