Hello, bought 2019 SE Today.

WARIV

My Nissan Altima died. It wasn't worth the cost to fix. So, I decided to go back to my roots and get a Corolla!

I had a 1999 Corolla, which I blew the engine in twice during my late teens. Otherwise loved the car. And hoping to enjoy this one as well. Interested to see what kind of cool stuff this community has done to their vehicles.

First thing I did was tint the windows. Next, plan to lower it since SE and above come in 17" low profile wheels, and Toyota left a big wheel gap.

Congrats! The SE comes with 16" wheels and 205/55R16 tires. The XSE has 18" wheels but I think they look too big on the car and the tire sidewall is so short it would give a very rough ride. If you upgrade I thing that a set of 17" wheels with 225/45R17 tires would work perfect! How about some pics? What color? 6MT I hope! I drove one with a 6MT yesterday and it was a lot more fun then the CVT.

Congrats! The SE comes with 16" wheels and 205/55R16 tires. The XSE has 18" wheels but I think they look too big on the car and the tire sidewall is so short it would give a very rough ride. If you upgrade I thing that a set of 17" wheels with 225/45R17 tires would work perfect! How about some pics? What color? 6MT I hope! I drove one with a 6MT yesterday and it was a lot more fun then the CVT.
According to Toyota's website, the 2019 Corolla SE and XSE both come in 17" wheels

2019.jpg

The only 19's I've seen so far are the new 19 Corolla HB models. When you said you bought a new 19 Corolla SE I figured it was a HB and not a sedan. Why would you buy a 19 sedan when you could save thousands on an 18 model. There were no changes for the 19 model year. The 19 Corolla SE HB does have 205/55R16 tires. People need to say if they are buying the sedan or HB!

WARIV

Hey sorry for the delay in response.

Here's the deal. Yes I know I could have bought an 18 for less (There were many), but I liked the car I saw on the lot, I needed one ASAP, I liked the color, and it just happened to be an SE. I have the means, so I bought it. That's how that went down. Simple as that. I'm at a point in my life where I do not enjoy spending half a day in the dealership squeezing an extra 1000 bucks out of some poor salesman.

Body Type: Sedan
Color: Galactic Aqua Mica (Looks fantastic in person..not so much on the Toyota website)
Trans: CVT

I bought this as daily driver. CVT gets the job done. Ideally I would have liked to have the MT, but I needed to get down to business. Cause lord knows I don't want to drive the damn KIA Minivan around any longer than I have to.

I will post some pictures. I work remote on Thursday, will take them then! I'm happy to be back in a Corolla, it feels like home again from my teenage years!

Hey sorry for the delay in response.

Here's the deal. Yes I know I could have bought an 18 for less (There were many), but I liked the car I saw on the lot, I needed one ASAP, I liked the color, and it just happened to be an SE. I have the means, so I bought it. That's how that went down. Simple as that. I'm at a point in my life where I do not enjoy spending half a day in the dealership squeezing an extra 1000 bucks out of some poor salesman.

Body Type: Sedan
Color: Galactic Aqua Mica (Looks fantastic in person..not so much on the Toyota website)
Trans: CVT

I bought this as daily driver. CVT gets the job done. Ideally I would have liked to have the MT, but I needed to get down to business. Cause lord knows I don't want to drive the damn KIA Minivan around any longer than I have to.

I will post some pictures. I work remote on Thursday, will take them then! I'm happy to be back in a Corolla, it feels like home again from my teenage years!
You need to step up to the 21st Century!!! Funny that people actually still go to the dealer first. For the past 10 years I go online and build the car I want and send it to every dealer close enough that I'll drive to. I deal with the internet manager that way and get a lot better deal then haggling with a salesperson. It takes very little time to get a great deal and then when I show up to the dealer I already have the price set on the car I want. I have plenty of money to pay MSRP but why should I waste my money if I don't have to. I just helped my daughter get her new 2018 RAV4 XLE for $24212 + TT&L. It was $31k MSRP to start. I'm never a fan of just wasting money when I don't have to! The Galactic Aqua Mica is a beautiful color. If you had done it my way you could have found your 6MT and been done in less time!

The only 19's I've seen so far are the new 19 Corolla HB models. When you said you bought a new 19 Corolla SE I figured it was a HB and not a sedan. Why would you buy a 19 sedan when you could save thousands on an 18 model. There were no changes for the 19 model year. The 19 Corolla SE HB does have 205/55R16 tires. People need to say if they are buying the sedan or HB!
You have to admit you made the wrong assumption. That's what I would say if I was wrong. There was nowhere in WARIV's comments where it indicated he bought a HB, so I assumed it was a sedan. Hey, but I like how you shop for a new car. That's exactly how I purchased my SEDAN last year :). I just wished there was a MT available in the dealers near me then.

Last edited:

WARIV

MR2,

I applaud you in your knowledge of buying a new car. I really do. You seem to have a knack for it. And, I commend you for your wherewithal. I have taken a similar route in the past and it absolutely worked somewhat like you elaborated. This time I did not go down that road. I saw what I wanted. Quick-fire aggressive haggling. I paid a fair price (to me) for it, and I am happy. That is it, simply put. Literally a quick walk around the lot, a test drive, and a final decision of a Corolla, or another Prius.

Welcome! Got any pics of your 2019? I was gonna go with the Aqua as well for my 2018 but at some angles, it didn't look so good to me. I really wanted to get the blue offered in the SE edition (i got the LE) but i didn't want to pay an extra 1500 bucks for just a color.

Br.

Welcome to the Forum, Wariv. When i test drove before buying the 2017 50th Anniv. Corolla, i made a turn onto a freeway entrance ramp i've made thousands of times near the dealership at what could be alleged as a high speed turn, and the sales guy grabbed the handle above the window and was quiet for a few seconds, then said 'Man, NOBODY ever made me grab the Geezuss Handle in a Corolla before!' I think i shed a couple hundred on the price with that maneuver although i don't recommend it as standard practice.