Hi everyone and my first question concerning the gauge cluster

Hi everyone! I will soon take delivery of a 1998 Corolla CE with only 70k miles on the clock. The car will be used as a daily city driver. Someone I know is selling me the car for very little money and I look forward to the good gas mileage and the presumed durability of the vehicle. As always when purchasing a new-to-me vehicle, I like to make some modifications and to familiarize myself with maintenance and repair procedures.

The one thing I do not like about this vehicle, and which I would like to remedy, is the original gauge cluster. Now, I know that there are nicer gauge clusters, all of which can be picked up for an apple and an egg on Ebay. My question is, which gauge clusters can I easily swap in for the one currently installed? Ideally, a swap would mean full functionality, but if something like a fuel door warning doesn't work, would not bother me terribly. The biggest problems I see is the odometer. The currently installed factory cluster has still a mechanical odometer, while some of the other options have electronic displays.

Part of the question is whether wiring already exists for instrument clusters with additional features.

The cluster currently installed:

I would rather have a cluster similar to this one:

What options do I have? I want at least a tachometer.

Thank you for any suggestions!