High flow mass air sensor any thoughts?

I have installed a Injen cold air intake, and now I am thinking about prying in a Jet high flow mass air sensor to go with the cold air intake.
Any thoughts?

HanSolo

I see potential tuning issues, but someone who has done this will have to chime in as I havn't messed with MAFS setups in my car since my Taurus SHO days.

IFMJohn

You won't like what I have to say but I'll say it anyways.

First things first, most cold air intakes actually draw in hotter air than the stock airbox. Many modern cars have stock airboxes that actually draw air in from the wheel well or somewhere lower on the vehicle where the air is much cooler than the engine bay. The next thing is that most aftermarket cone-filters have a higher micron rating and allow MORE contaminants into your engine. I always recommend using a high-quality filter in your stock airbox.

Second thing is that a mass air flow sensor detects the amount of air entering your engine. Changing the sensor won't change the amount of air entering your engine. All changing the sensor will do is trick the computer into thinking it's getting more air flow which will cause the engine to supply more fuel. Your fuel economy will go down, the actual tailpipe emissions will go to crap, however you might notice a SLIGHT power increase. Whether or not it is worth it is up to you.

casmic

that sounds logical enough. but increased cool clean air and more fuel mixed at the right % and ignited, u get get a better charge. Now if it indeed trickz the system that there is more air when there isnt. you would run rich because everything else would be compinsating for more air. I would hope the sensor be able to create beter data causing a better/stronger charge imo