HIGHEST MILEAGE 11TH GEN.

I can tell there are very few real car guys here. Where has all the love of driving gone with everyone driving a lame CVT. There is so much more enjoyment when driving a manual trans. People seem to have a lot of excuses but for people that really love cars and driving will buy a MT. Life is too short to be driving a boring CVT. I taught all 3 of my daughters to drive a MT and even they laugh at people that are too lame to drive a MT. Where's the passion and love for driving gone? Very sad indeed.
Unless all your previous cars were manual and rear wheel drive and then your job commute changed and wanted to try something different in traffic, fuel economy. Don't generalize Mr manual. Just because u drive a manual doesn't mean jack 5h1t. Everyone is at a different point in their lives and half the people out here are better drivers than you including myself. Have you owned an s2000 mt? Cobra manual? 4runner? I have and now I drive a Corolla because I felt like it.

Unless all your previous cars were manual and rear wheel drive and then your job commute changed and wanted to try something different in traffic, fuel economy. Don't generalize Mr manual. Just because u drive a manual doesn't mean jack 5h1t. Everyone is at a different point in their lives and half the people out here are better drivers than you including myself. Have you owned an s2000 mt? Cobra manual? 4runner? I have and now I drive a Corolla because I felt like it.
I am a self-proclaimed car guy, having owned over 30 cars since I started turning wrenches back in the mid-1980's. During this time, I've owned and driven everything from air cooled VWs to muscle cars to off roaders. I've been an avid drag racer (on the track) and have logged over a million miles behind the wheel. Driven stick shifts, automatics, 4, 5, 6, 8 cylinder vehicles; American, German, Swedish, and Japanese marques... Cars ranged from 1966 to 2015.

I drive a Corolla right now because it's practical and gets 40mpg to handle my 100 mile per day commute to and from work. It's not an enthusiast's car... it's a commuter car. For me, it's the right tool for the job that I use it for.

When I want some fun again, I will be looking for a circa 1978 Bronco with a 4 speed to run on the beach. I'll still keep the Corolla for the daily grind.

I can tell there are very few real car guys here. Where has all the love of driving gone with everyone driving a lame CVT. There is so much more enjoyment when driving a manual trans. People seem to have a lot of excuses but for people that really love cars and driving will buy a MT. Life is too short to be driving a boring CVT. I taught all 3 of my daughters to drive a MT and even they laugh at people that are too lame to drive a MT. Where's the passion and love for driving gone? Very sad indeed.
I guess you'er old fashion, there was a time you had more than one stick to drive, way more complicated back then, we should keep going forward, make driving a car more and more simple, the way people drive these day we'er gonna need it

Im about to hit 85,000 miles 2014 with cvt.

1)My suspension squeaks and creaks when i turn in my driveway.

2)Sometimes my exhaust is banging on something

3) Ive notice my rear tires at around 30k miles were getting loud as hell. The original tires are still on the rears Goodyear RSA and they are lumpy and loud but still have tread. So my rear shocks didnt last for sh** lol.

4) Interior is a rattle box lol

5) Cvt has a high pitched sound but i hear alot of them are like that.

6) My front tires are getting bald on the edges only kinda fast. They said alignment was good so idk what it is.

7) Blue paint curse,my Blue crush paint is falling off and it looks bad.

8) Muffler heat shield rattles ive tried to tighten it but still rattles.

9) Driverside door handle the front part broke and it wiggles lol.

10) Burns a noticable amount of oil :( but oh well so did my 8th gen Corolla.

But these are minor problems and i love my Corolla will never let it go

Sounds like a lot of stuff, Halfkoreanboy... I purposely waited to buy a 2015, figuring that the first model year of a new model might have a few kinks to work out. Even though it seems like a lot, none are major issues.

I really feel fortunate with my 2015. About 103,000 miles now, and no issues to speak of. Yes, my CVT is whining, yes, my front suspension creaks when I turn into my driveway, but other than that, it has been a study in reliability.

I am planning on keeping my Corolla for another 3 years and then give it to my daughter for her first car. I am planning to move into an Avalon then as I hear they are equally as reliable as our beloved Corollas are.

Sounds like a lot of stuff, Halfkoreanboy... I purposely waited to buy a 2015, figuring that the first model year of a new model might have a few kinks to work out. Even though it seems like a lot, none are major issues.

I really feel fortunate with my 2015. About 103,000 miles now, and no issues to speak of. Yes, my CVT is whining, yes, my front suspension creaks when I turn into my driveway, but other than that, it has been a study in reliability.

I am planning on keeping my Corolla for another 3 years and then give it to my daughter for her first car. I am planning to move into an Avalon then as I hear they are equally as reliable as our beloved Corollas are.

Cool yea i should have gotten a newer year one but it only had 23k miles when i got it and i needed a car bad my 8th gen was falling apart lol. Im going to keep it as a daily and in a little while i plan on getting a ecoboost mustang.

17,400 on 2018 Corolla.

Stinky AC is issue so far. Changed Cabin air filter myself(surprisingly easy to do). Put a half a can of lysol through it. Hopefully this does the trick.

Wondering when to change tranny fluid as i dont see it on maintenance schedule. I'm thinking 50-60k.

Wondering when to change tranny fluid as i dont see it on maintenance schedule. I'm thinking 50-60k
It does exist in the maintenance schedule although vague (and it's the same as Toyota's regular AT) : check every 30K and act appropriately with mandatory change at 60K for "severe usage".

How much oil does it burn? How often do you change the oil? Do you drive a lot of short trips, like less than 3 miles?

Im guessing it was my driving style. I was using Eneos oil and driving real hard i mean real hard redlining multiple times daily as Dallas drivers know just how to piss you off because they worry too much about people behind them (and i get that for safety reasons) but they love just braking hard on you or slowing down drastically so i just get pissed and go around (these 11th gens feel very dangerous whipping the steering wheel at high speeds i feel the rear loosing traction and have scared myself alot lol). And i noticed my oil would get lower slowely so i kept adding little by little. I did not keep count how much i was putting in. Since i first got the car ive changed the oil 10k on the dot and last oil change i was half quart low. Now im using Valvoline full synthetic and driving normal and oil hasnt gone down yet and my gas miles got better too lol. My blood pressure was sky high and had to learn to relax while driving its a mad house down here in Dallas. Handling sucks on these cars lol. But im babbling now lol.

17,400 on 2018 Corolla.

Stinky AC is issue so far. Changed Cabin air filter myself(surprisingly easy to do). Put a half a can of lysol through it. Hopefully this does the trick.

Wondering when to change tranny fluid as i dont see it on maintenance schedule. I'm thinking 50-60k.

That reminds me when i got my car it had low miles but had a musty smell when you first turn ac on but did go away after filter change.

Few other things i forgot to mention

1) Water leaks in the trunk i noticed a pond in my trunk one day and traced it back to the white clip where the bumper screws into. When you open the trunk there is a screw on the bumper and if you pull back the lining there is a white clip that it screws into and it is leaking there.

2) There is a massive amount of seat cushion droppings (LOL) under my driver seat i dont know how or why its there i vacuum it up and it comes back. It looks like salt bae is ripping my seat cushion and sprinkling it under my seat. My seat bolster on the botton left is completely flat now.

3) idk if anyone else has this problem but alignment is good it drives pretty straight but it wanders alot not like the feeling of pulling to the left or right like bad alignment but it just looks like a drunk driver wandering a little lol.

Exactly, could not have said it better myself.
Bingo. I've owned my Corolla a little less than 1.5 years.. put on 40k miles.. Ive put it in sport maybe 3 times just to see what it's like lol. Everyone can have different perceptions of what a car is to them.. to me my car is strictly a tool for my commute that gets good mpg and hopefully provides a low cost of ownership.

Bingo. I've owned my Corolla a little less than 1.5 years.. put on 40k miles.. Ive put it in sport maybe 3 times just to see what it's like lol. Everyone can have different perceptions of what a car is to them.. to me my car is strictly a tool for my commute that gets good mpg and hopefully provides a low cost of ownership.
Yeah, as a commuter, it's hard to beat. Reliable, efficient, and inexpensive to maintain. As an enthusiast's car, it just misses the mark as it was not designed to be that. Hard to be something that you just aren't designed for... With my unathletic body, I'm not going to be an Olympic track star or an NFL player.... but I am one heck of a good IT guy!

149,000KM on a 2015 S manual 6 speed, hey anyone know how to change gearbox oil on the 6 speed????
Very easy. Just loosen the fill plug first on the side of the transmission. Once you loosen it to know that you can fill it loosen the drain plug on the bottom front of the transmission. The bolts are 24mm in size. Very easy to do. Fill until the gear oil flows out the fill hole. I change my gear oil every 30-35k miles.

I missed this response many months ago. This seems to have hit a nerve with you. My comment was in general. Driving a lower HP car with a MT can be a lot of fun. The point was mainly to younger drivers that don't even take the time to learn how to drive a MT. They have no clue how much more fun it is. I've driven many types of cars over the years and raced cars for 15 years when I was younger, so I'm confident in my ability behind the wheel. I was simply pointing out a valid observation from the many posts I've observed, nothing more and nothing less. Don't take it as a personal attack since it wasn't.

Klebinek is right. SuperchargedMR2, have you ever gotten a blowjob while driving stick? I have, and it's really awkward.
This made me laugh, and yes I have. Back in the 80's most everyone drove a car with a MT. That being said I don't buy a car with getting a BJ in mind. I buy it to drive and enjoy the union of man and machine while ripping through mountain roads with a big grin on my face.....from the driving, not the BJ just to be clear. haha

About 176.000 miles on 2015 S Plus. purchased 5 months ago with about 174.000 miles for $7,500.00. changed transmission fluid about 10 times. put about $2,500.00 into it, no complaints.

I received no maintenance records from the previous owner as this was an auction car so I kept changing the fluid till it was pink. I thought I made it clear I have only recently purchased the car.

I became a proud second owner of a 2015 LE Premium, CVT, 2 months ago with 118,000 miles on it.

Definitely highway miles.

Judging by the math, and evidenced by the abundance of rock chips on the hood. I'm still on the fence on whether to retouch the paint on the chipped areas. It's a commuter/utility car anyway so I'm not really bothered by the chips and other scratches on it. No big deal.

The dealer where I bought it from gave me the Carfax report, which shows no crashes or major repairs.

Fast forward to now, and it just hit 120,000 miles earlier this week.

No issues on it so far, except for a mild rattling noise that I suspect is coming from the cabin blower. I won't even call it an issue. The rattle is really only noticeable at night when there are no other cars or other outside noises.

2015 LE with almost 109K miles. CVT. I do a lot of driving for Uber/Lyft. I had a recall last year where the dealer reprogrammed the ECU for the CVT, and for some reason the Bluetooth wasn't working with my cell phone, so I decided at that point to just upgrade the head unit.....then the speakers....then add 2 amps and a sub LOL. Fogs, new interior lighting and a train horn are next!

About 176.000 miles on 2015 S Plus. purchased 5 months ago with about 174.000 miles for $7,500.00. changed transmission fluid about 10 times. put about $2,500.00 into it, no complaints.
Holy crap you paid a lot for that with that many miles on it. I am financing a 2014 corolla with 75k miles on it and only paid a little over 9k (before taxes). That said, it is nice to know the car is kicking around with that many miles on it! Still the same tranny too or do you know?

103,000 miles, mostly highway driving. 10,000 mile oil changes. no issues. I follow the toyota maintenance guide and do everything myself. only thing I had toyota do is change the cvt fluid at 100k miles.

Maybe I did pay too much $ but I need wheels and I expect this car to last beyond 500.000 miles. Don't know about the transmission. the other Corolla's I had a 1976 and 1977 both SR5 hatch backs were built like tanks and I put them through hell and they kept on going, so if this 2015 is built anything like them, I might have gotten a good deal. BTW I do all the maintenance myself and it might be over kill but I change the oil & filter (Toyota filter) every 2.000 miles with Royal Purple synthetic (oil has chemicals in it to help the engine seals last longer, IMHO 10.000 mile oil change intervals is way too long) and just replaced antifreeze and will agan at every 30.000 miles. also $1.000. of that money was Leather seat covers.

Last edited:

nmp1

Maybe I did pay too much $ but I need wheels and I expect this car to last beyond 500.000 miles. Don't know about the transmission. the other Corolla's I had a 1976 and 1977 both SR5 hatch backs were built like tanks and I put them through hell and they kept on going, so if this 2015 is built anything like them, I might have gotten a good deal. BTW I do all the maintenance myself and it might be over kill but I change the oil & filter (Toyota filter) every 2.000 miles with Royal Purple synthetic (oil has chemicals in it to help the engine seals last longer, IMHO 10.000 mile oil change intervals is way too long) and just replaced antifreeze and will agan at every 30.000 miles. also $1.000. of that money was Leather seat covers.
2000 is way too soon, esp for synthetic. have an oil analysis done and im sure they will say the oil is fine. i did my coolant at 100k and i put a cup of the new next to a cup of the old and you couldnt tell the difference. i believe toyota pink is recommended for 5 years / 150k miles. cars are so complicated now i would not expect to get that kind of miles without at least 1 major repair that would exceed the cars book value.

Thanks, but IMHO oil is cheep insurance and IDK who owend it or how often the previous owner performed regular maintenance or preformed any kind of repair, but if I had to fix something, these are simple cars.

Last edited:

nmp1

Thanks, but IMHO oil is cheep insurance and IDK who owend it or how often the previous owner performed regular maintenance or preformed any kind of repair, but if I had to fix something, these are simple cars.
maintenance is easy and some repairs. but some are very complex, like if you get the P2820 code from the trans. but if youre up for rebuilding a CVT and have access to toyotas proprietary computer programs, good luck.

Thanks, if the tranny failed id just buy a new tranny and be done with it. i'm not looking to fight with anyone just inserting MHO. Thanks again-we are on the same team. GO TOYOTA

My 2014 LE with CVT now has 210,000 km on it (roughly 130,000 miles) and is absolutely flawless.
2014 Corolla Le 155,576 miles no issues besides one new battery. Took it in to get new break pads (figured it was time) the mechanic told me my front pads still had 90% life left and the back had about 50% left! Guess I’ll wait till I hit 200k before I change the back ones. I change my own oil every 5k and filter every 10k.

GBS

2015 Corolla S

This was 2 weeks ago, I'm already over 201K....
Hi Smitty! That looks like the highest mileage in this thread so far. What is the mileage now? Any issues? Have you owned the car since new? If so, at what interval did you do fluid changes? (Assuming you have the CVT because the dash says “P” and I don’t know that the MT cars would say that. Just a guess though. ☺️)

Thanks in advance!

2014 Corolla Le 155,576 miles no issues besides one new battery. Took it in to get new break pads (figured it was time) the mechanic told me my front pads still had 90% life left and the back had about 50% left! Guess I’ll wait till I hit 200k before I change the back ones. I change my own oil every 5k and filter every 10k.
If you are changing the oil every 5k miles change the filter too. If you are using a synthetic oil filter they will be good for 10k miles but I would never use a standard Toyota oil filter for 10k miles. A Toyota oil filter is $4, not worth it to not change it.

2014 LE with 238K and change on it. A/C went about 20K miles ago. Still on the fence on whether to fix it or not. Other than that it has been pretty run of the mill normal maintenance. Our dealership had a special on free oil changes for the life of the vehicle when we bought it. Don’t think they anticipated seeing us every 8-10 weeks.