How Do You Like Your Dealer?

Kev250R

This is my other car
So maybe it's just me but I've had negative experiences with two of my local Toyota Dealerships and I'm wondering if it's just me (possible, I'm rather dis-trustful of most mechanics) or if others are having issues getting proper service at their local dealers as well. I'll detail the most recent incident I had with my Corolla below.

I service my car myself so my Corolla hasn't been back to the dealership where I bought it for nearly three years but I had two recalls pending (one for the throttle fix and the other for a spiral cable in the steering wheel which controls the airbag) plus the driver's-side seat doesn't lock in place. My Corolla is a CPO model and has the 10 year/100K warranty.

Long story made short I dropped the car off earlier this week, I got it back the next day. The Service Writer said they fixed the seat and took care of the recalls. I noticed when I got home that the seat wasn't fixed and the car now idles rough. Made a couple of calls to the Service Writer but now he wasn't available.

Today I got an E-mail for the dealership thanking me for my recent service trip and asking me to fill-out a survey in their favor. I replied back to the E-mail and explained polietly yet firm using proper grammar the problems I'd had with my most recent service appointment. I also copied the GM of the dealership. Thirty minutes later I got an E-mail reply asking me to bring the car back ASAP and a phone call from the Service Writer. We'll see what they come-up with when I take the car back to them.

Looking on Yelp all of the Toyota Dealers in my area have low rankings, so is this typical for what other people are seeing as well?

Kevin

Sorry about your issues, my two dealers that i have dealt with the most are not much different, but my issues have been mostly management in nature. ( I DONT LIKE COMPANY MEN). I pride myself in product. Knowlege and knowing my car, the service manager at one is my friend and is allways ready to take time to talk to me and ive learned a lot from him. He cut his toyota teeth during the 1990s and he is a wealth of information. When i go to the dealer, they know i know more about my particular problem than maybe they would care for and i dont allways take the answers they give me in stride. (I question everything) ive bought several cars and trucks from them so they generally take me seriously, overall im happy with them.

well, I don't have much experience with a dealer of any make. I have only owned one brand new car. My 2013 Corolla is not brand new to me but only had 5300kms on the odometer so I did consider it brand new when I purchased it. I have only had regular service done on the car. No recalls to deal with so far. There is one thing that I have taken in twice for warranty and it is not resolved. A rattle will appear somewhere in the headliner (not all the time but it is getting worse). the first time they took the roof console out ( I have a sunroof) and lined it with felt tape, which had not fixed the issue. I don't know what the did the second time. It is hard for me to get it in as the car is needed and I only have limited time to deal with the dealer. last time the dealt with the rattle I got an email and I expressed the issue was not resolved and I never have received an email or call back. I have been considering another dealer but with only one in town I have to travel either north, south or west for 45 mins to an hour to get another Toyota dealer and that is just not easy to do.

Kev250R

This is my other car
Thanks guys, it sounds like from this (and some E-mails I've gotten from others) I'm not alone in my thinking.

As for the issues with my car, I decided I'm not taking it back to them. It's idling fine now and the seat I should be able to repair myself. It's a 40 minute drive from where I live to this particular dealer and I'm not interested in going to them again :rolleyes:

Kevin

Hey Kevin,

Firstly I wanted to apologize for the service quality you received at your dealership. if you or anyone is ever in the Homosassa FL area I would be more than happy to help you, I work for village Cadillac/Toyota and for the past 3 years we have been the #1 in customer satisfaction 9end of 2014 we were at 96.95) we pride ourselves on customer satisfaction and retention, if you have any questions or feel that you may be sold a story feel free to run it by me!

R0me0ne, I am no where near FL, in fact in Western Canada but have you had any experience or knowledge to the issue I described? There seems to be a rattle like a wire loom and when I place my hand on the overhead console it stops. I don't have to apply much pressure at all to get it to be quite

We have two in Grand Rapids, MI. One is Kool Toyota and the other is Toyota of Grand Rapids. The Yelp reviews for the TofGR dealer are deplorable. I've only been there once to pick up a PCV valve. You have to walk past the sales staff. I noticed a common theme with Toyota dealers is many staff are arrogant/aloof. However, noticed that same behavior at Honda dealers too.

I completely distrust all dealership mechanics. Overcharging on services... Telling me that I need to spend money on replacing certain components when I had clearly not needed one yet. New scratchy marks that hadnt previously been there when it was brought in.

I always do a FULL check on everything before AND after bringing my car to the dealership for inspections. Otherwise I learn by getting my hands greasy by maintenancing the car myself. There's usually plenty of YouTube videos to show you how to do things.

So all in all, you're not the only one.

I ACTUALLY HAVE TH ESAME RATTLE APPRX 3 INCHES BEHIND ME THE TECHS ARE GOING TO TAKE THE HEADLINER OUT AND DO A FULL LINING
My car has been in the shop all day for maintenance (due to work could not pick it up) and they will be addressing the headliner rattle again. fingers crossed.

THE RATTLE FOR ME WAS THE OVERHEAD LIGHT IT WASNT COMPLETELY INSTALLED FROM FACTORY, THE TECHS ALSO PUT SOUND DEADING FOAM INSERTS THROUGH THE ENTIRE CAR.... IF ONLY I CAN USE IT ON THE KIDS LOL

last Thursday they could not hear the rattle (it was raining) and they could not hear the clutch squeaking (all they had to do was lower the window) Any way I have narrowed it to the overhead light myself and have a plan I am going to try.