How to Remove Four Wheels At Once?

So I want to dip all the wheels and while at it clean all the brakes.
To make it easy, how Can I remove all the wheels at once safely?
I have a two jack stand and lifter. and two of the wheel jacker the car comes with.

What I meant to say is I have a lift jack, two jack stand.
I want to remove all the wheels so I can plasti dip tham and while they cure, I want to clean the brake pads and lube it.

There is nothing to clean on brake pads and you don't want to apply lube to them either, otherwise the brakes wont work.
Alright, let me be more exact. I want to clean the calipers and pads. Since they do build grim and dirt. and lube in the caliper sliding. or thats not recommended as well?

There is a huge amount of pressure generated to the brake pads when the brakes are applied. Anything that could come off of the surface of the brake pads will be ground off immediately. No need to try and clean brake pads and doing so you could end up contaminating the brake pads, reducing their braking effectiveness and then needing to replace them.

It's a good idea to lubricate the brake caliper sliders with the special grease that is designed for that, yes.

Ok, but can you tell me how I can remove all the wheels? I really do not want to buy four stands. can i do with two stands and a lift jack? any video showing some tips?

You can lift the front end, use 2 jack stands under that side, remove the tires and paint them and then reinstall the tires and remove the jack stands and then do the other end of the vehicle.

Is there a way too safely suspend the vehicle with 2 stands and 1 Jack? No.

TigerHeli is 100% correct!

A jack is not meant to support the weight of a vehicle, only to lift the vehicle into the air and then support the vehicle with jack stands.

Why? Because the thousands of pounds of pressure the jack is being subjected to can cause the hydraulic seals inside the jack to rupture and the jack will then allow the vehicle to fall, maybe on top of whomever is under the car.

For this reason, companies that manufacture automotive hydraulic jacks recommend jack stands be used to support the weight of a vehicle, not the jack itself.

It isn't just hydraulic jacks either - I've had cars roll forward off of OEM scissor jacks as well - the floor contact patch of the jack isn't wide enough always.

Fortunately I wasn't under the car and I hadn't removed wheel yet, so it didn't really damage anything, but it could have.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Never did I say to use it alone.

you go get rentals and be done

Simply to do four wheels is best to be at a shop, rent a bay, or ask the shop to do it for ya for a few dollars.

You'll see tire shops not NOT using Jack stands. Maybe in the Sticks you do not see that.

Last edited:
I've never seen tire shops not using Jack stands and if I saw anyone leave my car on a jack alone if tell then to drop it and is drive it out of the shop. If someone doesn't care enough about themselves to protect themselves then they obviously don't care about you or your car.

Milk crates...to hold up a vehicle weighing thousands of pounds! I'm sorry, that's just incredibly unprofessional and not too smart. Someone could get killed following that advice!

I wouldn't want to be liable for that happening, that's for darned sure!

It isn't just hydraulic jacks either - I've had cars roll forward off of OEM scissor jacks as well - the floor contact patch of the jack isn't wide enough always.

Fortunately I wasn't under the car and I hadn't removed wheel yet, so it didn't really damage anything, but it could have.
I've had that happen to me too when I got stuck changing a flat tire. Luckily the spare was on and I was getting ready to lower it anyway. I would never get underneath a car supported by a scissor jack.

Milk crates work best but that is ghetto style
Never did I say to use it alone.
Yes, you certainly did as can be seen above in your quoted comments.

For the benefit of everyone in the forum, kindly stop offering advice that is not based on any professional automotive training and/or experience. When people follow advice that is not professionally based, the end result could be damage to their vehicles, (which may have occurred to a Corolla Forum members transmission here), or even be killed. This is not a joke or a game of one-upmanship here. This is about Corolla Forum members vehicles and their proper maintenance/repair and in the case of a safety situation such as the topic of this thread, about someone's very life.

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Yes, you certainly did as can be seen above in your quoted comments.

For the benefit of everyone in the forum, kindly stop offering advice that is not based on any professional automotive training and/or experience. When people follow advice that is not professionally based, the end result could be damage to their vehicles, (which may have occurred to a Corolla Forum members transmission here), or even be killed. This is not a joke or a game of one-upmanship here. This is about Corolla Forum members vehicles and their proper maintenance/repair and in the case of a safety situation such as the topic of this thread, about someone's very life.
totally wrong, read between the lines

cars get stolen and Milk crates are used, word Ghetto style was the Key

sorry bud read it wrong.....

fishycomics

Super Moderator
Many shops do that, I care not to show what they do......

Why I said get a shop pay , or rent a space

Moving on no need to take four tires off when simply one at a time can be done, even two

Frankly, I wouldn't be telling anyone how to do things in an unsafe or unapproved way. Most people these days are sue-happy and will do whatever they can for money.

totally wrong, read between the lines

cars get stolen and Milk crates are used, word Ghetto style was the Key

sorry bud read it wrong.....
When it comes to someone's safety, their very lives, there should be no reading between the lines.

Crooks using milk crates to hold a car up in the air is certainly not a recommended professional automotive procedure.

You'll see tire shops not NOT using Jack stands. Maybe in the Sticks you do not see that.
Yep - I've seen this and I've done this. That said - it's a commercial floor jack, if not a compressed air powered jack, not a $39 jack from harbor freight, and I haven't seen them work under the car with it only on the jack.

Hmm.SOO many good points. Safety indeed is first. IF I can get two spare tire and put them in the rear. Will that work, If I wanted to take four tires off at once>

You could, but probably easier to find a spare set of jackstands versus a spare that will fit the bolt-pattern of the car. I have two sets. A set of Craftsman professionals that I use when I am under the car, and when I rotate tires I use those and a set of Autozone ones since I don't intend to get underneath the car.

Agreed - although I don't think you need to worry about inexpensive jackstands being dangerous.

It's similar to say ratchet wrenches - if you are turning wrenches for a living, it makes sense to buy Snap-On or Craftsman or Matco, etc. If you are just doing maintenance on your own car, Harbor Freight (Pittsburgh), Stanley, Husky, etc. is just fine.