HPS short ram (new install)

Here is a quick critique of the HPS short ram I just finished installing on a 2014 S...

Quality of parts is very good. From the sturdy clamps, to a K&N brand filter. The red powder coat on the tube could be a little better, it's light in some areas but it's under the hood, so not critical. For that it looks pretty good.

No check engine light! This is huge and I'm happy about that. Some kits will throw a light this one, as of now, has not.

I now have the exhaust "pop" I did not have before this install . I think it has something to do with a leaner condition? I don't personally care for this but it has only happened at reving sitting still. Haven't noticed it while driving yet.

In a week or so, I will comment whether or not this had effected my mpg. My dash readout has dropped significantly BUT I did disconnect the battery so it's reset. I'm hoping at least unchanged , I'm not looking for improvement.

Install very simple and direct. Pieces fit as engineered . Worse part was removing all the duct behind the front bumper to the original box. All else pretty easy.

I'll post again after a week or so of driving...Honorable mention to Chris Denton who is an honest seller!! Part arrived 3 days after payment and all pieces were accounted for as if new. Thanks Chris!

So how do you like it?
I wanted to get some miles in to give an accurate and honest critique. My INDICATED MPG has risen to 43.5. up about 3 mph bit this seams optimistic. I'll have more accurate info when I fill the tank and do the math.
The look is badass! ;-) There doesn't appear to be this "lag" people talk about Unger 2000rpm...Hell it jumps over two and goes between 3000 and 4000 in a flash.
The computer may have adjusted for the exhaust "pop" some. It happens far less frequent then after initial install.
I am pleased over all, to date. I cannot single out a reason why I am against it so far.

I wanted to get some miles in to give an accurate and honest critique. My INDICATED MPG has risen to 43.5. up about 3 mph bit this seams optimistic. I'll have more accurate info when I fill the tank and do the math.
The look is badass! ;-) There doesn't appear to be this "lag" people talk about Unger 2000rpm...Hell it jumps over two and goes between 3000 and 4000 in a flash.
The computer may have adjusted for the exhaust "pop" some. It happens far less frequent then after initial install.
I am pleased over all, to date. I cannot single out a reason why I am against it so far.
The lack of lag may do to the fact that you already had the "high flow" exhaust installed. It Could also have something to do with the climate where you live. Since I'm in AZ, I noticed it more in the hotter months; & especially when the A/C was running. After installing the JetChip MAFS, this is all but gone for me. Plus I'm still with the OEM exhaust...