I need better acceleration

I've had the 2016 Corolla S for just over 6 months now and have come to the realization that it doesn't accelerate quickly enough for me to adequately make swift maneuvers in city traffic. My previous car was a Chevy Cobalt SS, which had more balls than the Corolla so I'm finding myself wanting to make an engine notification of some sort.
I'm wondering if anyone has an opinion on one single modification that I could make that could help give the car some acceleration power without breaking the bank.
Thanks for your thoughts!
PS - I use Sport Mode and manual mode all the time and that's not enough acceleration for me

delrey

Get a different car!

Sure there are mods but it probably won't make it seem as quick as your Cobalt SS. You're looking at about a 40hp (NA) to 130hp (Turbo) difference depending on which SS you have. And the torque difference is rather big too.

As far as what mod, no single mod will make your car that much quicker. However, I would recommend an cold air intake which will help with sound and throttle response and an exhaust to go with it. It will help, just not as dramatic as you hope it will. Good luck.

it doesn't accelerate quickly enough for me to adequately make swift maneuvers in city traffic.
Not a direct answer but I'd say it depends as much on your driving preference/style than the car itself. Coming from an Ecotec 2.4 (175HP) to this Corolla's Valvematic 1.8 (140HP), I sure felt a difference but nothing that spectacularly bothered me in everyday driving or make me felt "unsafe". It suits the way I drive. So I'm with the others on this: no single mod would give you what you seem to expect from this commuter car.

Trade it in on a performance car. You would be throwing money away trying to make it faster. By definition, normally aspirated econo boxes are not designed for performance.

Thanks for everyone's take. I fully understand that the Corolla is an economy car, but was holding out hope that something other than a turbo charger could give 1st and 2nd gear that extra power and acceleration. A cold air intake and better exhaust system have been on my wish list since becoming a new Corolla owner and will likely be my next adds. Cheers, all!

Try the pedal max with the switch so you can turn it on and off and go anywhere from zero to 100 throttle response. I have the pedal max. And love it. Another one is pedal commander. You wouldn’t think that it would do anything but it really does change the throttle response! At 100% it makes it very hard to drive if your not used to it(6speer manual, not sure about the auto)! Definitely will help.
Another is an Injen cold air intake and a borla exhaust.

Try the pedal max with the switch so you can turn it on and off and go anywhere from zero to 100 throttle response. I have the pedal max. And love it. Another one is pedal commander. You wouldn’t think that it would do anything but it really does change the throttle response! At 100% it makes it very hard to drive if your not used to it(6speer manual, not sure about the auto)! Definitely will help.
Another is an Injen cold air intake and a borla exhaust.
i was under the impression the 6 speed didnt need a pedal commander. 100% throttle is %100 as fast as you push the pedal. commander ups that rate giving u more gas than your actually pushing giving the illusion or more power/ throttle response

i was under the impression the 6 speed didnt need a pedal commander. 100% throttle is %100 as fast as you push the pedal. commander ups that rate giving u more gas than your actually pushing giving the illusion or more power/ throttle response
The 6speed manual needs the pedal max or pedal commander. Makes the throttle response much more responsive and puts a better pep in its step. Starting out it will throw you back into your seat... not like a really suped up car, but it will definitely be more instant.

The 6speed manual needs the pedal max or pedal commander. Makes the throttle response much more responsive and puts a better pep in its step. Starting out it will throw you back into your seat... not like a really suped up car, but it will definitely be more instant.
il monitor the tps readings vs the throttle input next time i drive the car.

Incorrect. All it does is make the reaction time of the throttle body match your accelerator pedal, thus reducing the "delay" you experience. It also voids the warranty as it flags the system check in the ECU

There is a guy who went from stock 105 whp to 129 whp in his 2016 Corolla S (its on Youtube).

He added Injen CAI, Weapon R header, Borla muffler and Pedal Commander. You could also add Orange Virus Tuning ECU upgrade for a bit more, not much more though.

Thanks for everyone's take. I fully understand that the Corolla is an economy car, but was holding out hope that something other than a turbo charger could give 1st and 2nd gear that extra power and acceleration. A cold air intake and better exhaust system have been on my wish list since becoming a new Corolla owner and will likely be my next adds. Cheers, all!
what intake and exhaust u planing on getting ??