Info about 2019 HB SE usb audio capability

Have had our 2019 Corolla HB SE for about 1 month. Since there's no CD player I planned to put all our CD's on a flash drive. Two things I've discovered:

1. the max flash drive size is 32GB. This is not mentioned anywhere in our user manuals, and Toyota support won't confirm (or deny) it, but 32 GB is the max I've been able to get the car to recognize. Support says it's best to use 8GB or less size, which is fine since 8GB will hold approx 160 CD's, heh.

2. the built-in software does not show sub-folders. It will read the entire drive and display "all" folders (or files) containing supported audio formats, listed on a single screen, in order of date/time they were added to the drive. The list can be scrolled up and down. I've put 1 CD per folder... so opening the folder will show the track listing for that CD.

Unfortunately, after adding more than about 9 or 10 folders - 9 or 10 CD's - the system becomes flake-y and begins to show the folder list as grayed out and not able to be touch selected. I guess my solution will be to divide our CD collection to several different flash drives.
This post is mostly just informational, but if anyone has had a different experience, or thinks I'm doing something wrong, please let me know.
I'm not complaining (too much) since this is a car and not a laptop/desktop computer, and likely has minimal RAM or processor speed built-in.
Thanks.

Since I don't own a 2019 and its system is totally new, I have no idea how it operates but base on my 2014 system, just a couple of thought :
the max flash drive size is 32GB.
Really ? I've used up to 128 gb drives on the current system.
It will read the entire drive and display "all" folders (or files) containing supported audio formats, listed on a single screen, in order of date/time they were added to the drive.
Beside navigating by folders, I suppose you also have the option to navigate by artist, song, albums,etc. in which case the current system displays the content accordingly, independently of folders (provided the files are IDtags identified) making it easier.
after adding more than about 9 or 10 folders - 9 or 10 CD's - the system becomes flake-y and begins to show the folder list as grayed out and not able to be touch selected.
Odd. Unless they are not transferred in a compatible format or miss information (IDtags) for the system to recognize them.
IDtags can be checked, corrected or added to your preferences via a whole bunch of programs available for free.