Injen CAI

What year is your Corolla? Doesn't look like you had to pull the front fender or have a tough time at all getting the filter in there, and I think your supposed to. Lol.

What year is your Corolla? Doesn't look like you had to pull the front fender or have a tough time at all getting the filter in there, and I think your supposed to. Lol.
I didn't have to pull the fender off to remove the OEM intake. Just had to pull the battery out, & be a little aggressive with it. :p Once that's out, there's plenty of room in there! I can even reach the fog light without disconnecting the battery. ;)

So I've been driving around today and I'll admit that I'm having a lot of fun!
The CAI did make the exhaust a little quieter but it has definitely lived up to the hype! There's more power available on demand than with the SRI. I'm averaging 21.9 mpg but I honestly don't know if anything has changed since I was never really concerned with mpg before anyways.

So, it went from horrible to great? I'm confused by your two extream reviews. Lol. Your fuel economy has taken a beating!! Lol.

So, it went from horrible to great? I'm confused by your two extream reviews. Lol. Your fuel economy has taken a beating!! Lol.
Could be the computer making the necessary adjustments. I dunno.
The mpg went up to 25.4 average and has been there most of the day.
Next is to have it dyno'd and see if I've increased the bhp.

Did you get a dyno of the stock engine to use as a baseline? Comparing the two would show the increase
No. But I figure there's enough baseline info already out there. Would have been nice but I didn't discover that we have a dyno near by until it was too late. But I can always work backwards I guess. Lol

And this is a generalization ...More or less depending on sea level, dyno used and other factors ...And a dyno measures hp at the wheel. Manufacturer hp ratings are at the crank.

I get that. We all know the hp rating. But like I said, that's why you want a baseline to see what gain your particular upgrades are getting you. Manufacturer claims will vary for reasons I stated . You baseline, you mod, you dyno a second time and see true improvement numbers

Anyone know if this would fit on a 2017? I just bought my Corolla LE two days ago. Not sure if anything within the engine bay is different from previous years.

Ecu is probably different but that doesn't affect the cai. The maf sensor fits like a glove and the mounts are identical. Been using the cai from my 09 in my 14 since October and had 0 issues

I disagree, it's doing something.
Definitely overpriced though.
I have to agree. I complained over serious lag with my HPS SRI until I installed the aftermarket MAFS. I've had the SRI in with the OEM MAFS for almost a year. I installed the JetChip MAFS a few weeks ago, & there's a very definite defference! Primarily no more lag!!!

ive done tons of research work on how to get more power for this car and there are some parts that increases hp just a little bit, but ive come to the conclusion that theres is no way (unless someone comes up with a bolt on turbo kit) to really increase the power of the corolla all the way up we all dream about. today i saw a subaru brz pulling out from a stop light as the tires were screaming "hell yeah" and i told myself "i wish my car can do that". lets just face it guys, as much as we love our cars, they are just very slow, i dont think i will ever hear my car burning tires. like the reviews said this car is for "the patience driver". i love the car (outside) and people tell me that it looks awesome with the rims painted black and the "firestone" letters painted white. but other than that, toyota didn't left any room for improvement. im sad about it cuz its my very first car and im very disappointed. from my point of view, the only thing left to do is trade in the car for something else.

I have to agree. I complained over serious lag with my HPS SRI until I installed the aftermarket MAFS. I've had the SRI in with the OEM MAFS for almost a year. I installed the JetChip MAFS a few weeks ago, & there's a very definite defference! Primarily no more lag!!!
so were u able to turn the car on with the sri intalled WITHOUT the MAF?

so were u able to turn the car on with the sri intalled WITHOUT the MAF?
With the factory MAFS, yes of course! The thing won't run without the sensor installed/connected, or at least not very well. I'm not going to risk testing that. There were vast improvements though once I replaced the factory MAFS with the JetChip one. I have to agree with C.D. that it's a bit pricey, but I think it was definitely worth it! ;)

question? i ordered my Injen CAI yesterday! do you guys use a hydro-shield? trying to see if i should order one as well?
Yes, order one. It's going to be difficult to get to the filter once it's installed. The cleaner you can keep it, the better!
Plus it's water resistant.

so i got the maf today, intalled everything and the car turns itself off. check engine light on and i cant turn off the track on light.
i put the airbox and the oem sensor. the car runs but now i have the check engine light on as well as the track on one.

so i got the maf today, intalled everything and the car turns itself off. check engine light on and i cant turn off the track on light.
i put the airbox and the oem sensor. the car runs but now i have the check engine light on as well as the track on one.
Did you removed the negative side of battery before working on it? The check engine will stay on until you reset the ECU or fix whatever that caused the Check engine light. U need a obd2 reader.

Did you removed the negative side of battery before working on it? The check engine will stay on until you reset the ECU or fix whatever that caused the Check engine light. U need a obd2 reader.
Yeah, reset the computer. If you don't have a code reader, take the car to auto zone or whatever parts store you have. They should be able to assist you.

yeah i didnt remove the negative side (stupid). so all i have to do is reset the computer? i also notices that the eco light doest come on and i dont have cruise control.