Installed the Injen Intake

Took advantage of the one nice day this week to install my Injen intake...

This intake is specifically for the 2014 Corolla...it has a different part number versus the 2013. The part number for the black version is SP2080BLK.

I will say I feel like the instructions were not as clear as they could be and while I can tell they used a 2014 Corolla I feel like they cut and pasted some areas because I could not find the piece/part they were talking about...or the way they told you to do it just was not possible. Of course it is also possible that I am not very mechanically inclined and messed it up.

However...it does work and it made it in the car. :clap:

It definitely gives the car a distinct (and in my opinion) better sound from the engine bay. I am satisfied with it and cannot wait to put on my magnaflow muffler and Tein S Tech springs.

is that better than k&n typhoon series? can you make a video once you have your muffler? before i get, i wanna make sure which one is better or sound better on our car. I got black too and im getting my springs this week. cant wait to install it.

is that better than k&n typhoon series? can you make a video once you have your muffler? before i get, i wanna make sure which one is better or sound better on our car. I got black too and im getting my springs this week. cant wait to install it.
I cannot really say if its better or not than the K&N. However I already bought the K&N Typhoon Series intake (I have it new in box, never open to sell)...then I read on the Injen intake and how they were specifically tuned for the vehicle and I just decided I'd rather go with them.

I'll work on that video once the exhaust is installed.

Hmm the info where you bought and how much on the Injen series.

I mean someone here posted with a K&N typhoon series and i think i saw it near the battery compared to the one you have were its under the headlight? Sorry im not familiar with cars..

Hey, love the setup. Two questions,
1. Can you provide a link from where you got the air intake?
2. How did you remove the front bumper?
http://store.newlevelmotorsports.com/sp2080.html

Front bumper is fairly easy...pop the two pins inside the wheel well on each side....there a few pop pins on the top that need to remove as well. Also the bolt in the middle where the toyota emblem needs to come out.

Inside the grille (where the toyota emblem is) there is a 3 pop pins as well.

Underneath the car there is 4 or 5 bolts that hold the front fascia in...once you get all those out...its a matter of popping out the fascia...takes a little force...

Also once it is popped off...you need to disconnect the cable for the fog lights.

I may write up an instructional post as I'm sure I'll do it again to make it easier to plastidip things and replace the fogs.

http://store.newlevelmotorsports.com/sp2080.html

Front bumper is fairly easy...pop the two pins inside the wheel well on each side....there a few pop pins on the top that need to remove as well. Also the bolt in the middle where the toyota emblem needs to come out.

Inside the grille (where the toyota emblem is) there is a 3 pop pins as well.

Underneath the car there is 4 or 5 bolts that hold the front fascia in...once you get all those out...its a matter of popping out the fascia...takes a little force...

Also once it is popped off...you need to disconnect the cable for the fog lights.

I may write up an instructional post as I'm sure I'll do it again to make it easier to plastidip things and replace the fogs.
Love the idea of a CAI for the car but I live in Florida where hurricane season floods cars. My boss had his 2012 BMW X5 get completely flooded on a street. The way I see it, either drop the car with the Eibach's or get a CAI. Not a good idea for both in this state.

Love the idea of a CAI for the car but I live in Florida where hurricane season floods cars. My boss had his 2012 BMW X5 get completely flooded on a street. The way I see it, either drop the car with the Eibach's or get a CAI. Not a good idea for both in this state.
With the Injen you can get what they call a hydro shield...granted it's not waterproof but it helps keep water out.

I'd stay out of large standing water regardless...plus if the car is flooded...it's probably already toast with or without a CAI.

Yeah that reminds me ... my girl went through about 8" of water and the airbag light turned on, then off again, then on, then off again. Need to get down there and make sure all of the connections are tight and dry. Been off for the last week but still ... airbags ... and my scanner couldn't pull those codes so I couldn't figure out what exactly caused it.