Intake

So I want to get some form input, I want to know whether it's a better idea to get a short ram or cold air intake. I want one that will help make my car accelerate faster and if possible louder.

I have the SRI by HPS. That seems to be a favorite here in the forum. It's a short ram with a K&N cone filter. Does great for sound and mid range power. And it's inexpensive and easy to clean.
The next favorite is the injen CAI. Since my warranty is about to end, I'll be getting one of these! Puts the power in the beginning (sorry forgot term).
Our cars already use a cold air induction of sorts.
I went with SRI in case I needed any warranty work, I can quickly swap out intakes and the dealer is none the wiser. (after battery reset)
Both will make the car louder if you have aftermarket exhaust. Not sure what they sound like with stock exhaust.
Once you decide, get a MAFS from Jetchip. You can find these cheaper on Amazon, Jegs, Summit, etc.
This will also help with acceleration by correctly reporting your aftermarket intake airflow.
If you get both the MAFS and whichever intake you decide on, and install them at the same time, you'll definitely notice a difference!
Keep searching through the forum, lots of threads and tons of pictures on this subject!!
Also recommendations on where to save money on your purchases.

I have the SRI by HPS. That seems to be a favorite here in the forum. It's a short ram with a K&N cone filter. Does great for sound and mid range power. And it's inexpensive and easy to clean.
The next favorite is the injen CAI. Since my warranty is about to end, I'll be getting one of these! Puts the power in the beginning (sorry forgot term).
Our cars already use a cold air induction of sorts.
I went with SRI in case I needed any warranty work, I can quickly swap out intakes and the dealer is none the wiser. (after battery reset)
Both will make the car louder if you have aftermarket exhaust. Not sure what they sound like with stock exhaust.
Once you decide, get a MAFS from Jetchip. You can find these cheaper on Amazon, Jegs, Summit, etc.
This will also help with acceleration by correctly reporting your aftermarket intake airflow.
If you get both the MAFS and whichever intake you decide on, and install them at the same time, you'll definitely notice a difference!
Keep searching through the forum, lots of threads and tons of pictures on this subject!!
Also recommendations on where to save money on your purchases.
Again I have to concur with C.D. I've had the HPS short ram for about a year, & love the performance & sound it produces. Just last week I got the Jetchip mass air flow sensor. So far I'm pretty pleased with the performance differences with the new MAFS. Definitely have quicker starts off the line now! :cool:

Intake 101....colder outside air is always better than hot air from the engine compartment. This is indisputable , so a CAI will always outperform a RAI...that doesnt mean that a RAI doent have its place. Just answering your question :)

ZeCorolla

I Love Corolla's!
If you just want better induction sound and a cheaper price tag, get a short ram intake. If you want better performance, better sound, and don't mind paying a bit extra, get a cold air intake. Even with a short ram intake, you'll get a bit better performance than the stock intake since the stock one is really restrictive but the CAI performs a lot more better.

Intake 101....colder outside air is always better than hot air from the engine compartment. This is indisputable , so a CAI will always outperform a RAI...that doesnt mean that a RAI doent have its place. Just answering your question :)
My only problem with that, is that I live in AZ. The air is still hot outside. :p