Is there a bolt on muffler?

2014 s plus with manual and I hate driving it because the motor is too quiet. I hate having to watch the tachometer all the time.

Is there a louder muffler available? I don't care about adding performance (physics win, its a slow car no matter what), just being able to hear the motor.

Jlinn

2014 s plus with manual and I hate driving it because the motor is too quiet. I hate having to watch the tachometer all the time.

Is there a louder muffler available? I don't care about adding performance (physics win, its a slow car no matter what), just being able to hear the motor.
Borla or the Trd one those both give your car a very aggressive sound and also if they aren't just take off the resonator that's what I did

Jlinn

Ive had my TRD muffler for a while now, so i put the stock one back on for a couple days and i couldnt even drive the damn thing, i couldnt hear it.
I like the trd one and I would have bought it but I couldn't get it from my dealer because they said they couldn't order it so I just bought borla off of amazon

I like the trd one and I would have bought it but I couldn't get it from my dealer because they said they couldn't order it so I just bought borla off of amazon
That's odd. I ordered my TRD axle back on Wednesday and got it Thursday from my dealer. It cost me $400

i personally unbolted my stock muffler, its a super deep sound..actually not to rice but borderline... i love now my corolla backfires and its hilarious when i drive by to see peoples confused faces haha..i do lose torque and my mpg aint great...but until i get bored of it, my muffler stays unbolted haha

Jlinn

i personally unbolted my stock muffler, its a super deep sound..actually not to rice but borderline... i love now my corolla backfires and its hilarious when i drive by to see peoples confused faces haha..i do lose torque and my mpg aint great...but until i get bored of it, my muffler stays unbolted haha
Lmfao I thought about doing the same thing to my car.... But then I'd need a bag of white RICE lol

Why go with a bolt on muffler? I have an amazing shop I went to for muffler and exhaust tip installation here in Ohio, (I purchased separately they just installed, weld it all on) and they said bolt on stuff rattles around... You're better off getting it weld on..
Mine also has a back fire even with it being weld on.. Does sound hilarious coming from a Corolla.
I'm assuming once I install my intake it'll help with that a little bit.

Why go with a bolt on muffler? I have an amazing shop I went to for muffler and exhaust tip installation here in Ohio, (I purchased separately they just installed, weld it all on) and they said bolt on stuff rattles around... You're better off getting it weld on..
Mine also has a back fire even with it being weld on.. Does sound hilarious coming from a Corolla.
I'm assuming once I install my intake it'll help with that a little bit.
Nope, it wont lol. What type of muffler did you get? I have a magnaflow muffler and it is a pass through muffler. Since it is a passthrough muffler there is almost nothing "muffling" the exhaust sounds like the stock muffler does.

I have a magnaflow as well. Not sure what you mean in the rest of you sentence. Mine has a much different sound and the after market exhaust tip I got weld on to it as well, makes it sound more deep with the exhaust tip.
I'm looking for more hp, with a little more added rumble which is why I was considering a short ram, so I'd get both those things vs just the drop in filter which would only give me the hp.

I have a magnaflow as well. Not sure what you mean in the rest of you sentence. Mine has a much different sound and the after market exhaust tip I got weld on to it as well, makes it sound more deep with the exhaust tip.
I'm looking for more hp, with a little more added rumble which is why I was considering a short ram, so I'd get both those things vs just the drop in filter which would only give me the hp.
Drop in some new headers if you want some more high end kick...

Really? I have the L manual and I can hear the engine just fine for shifting. Idk maybe the S had some more sound deadening?