Just Bought a 2017 Toyota Corolla IM, and have anxiety over something :-(

Hello, everyone...My husband and I bought our brand new Toyota Corolla IM yesterday: and this morning I started feeling anxious over the fact that the front seats sit lower in the car..The car tired are 17 inch...and it feels the body of the car sits too low to the ground. I am having visions of driving, and destroying the bottom edges of my car, if I hit a bump, etc..Is this a real worry I should be having: or have lower riding cars proven to drive comparable to cars higher up off the ground? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :) Debi

Thanks for replying to my post...We bought the blue one...I must say, I really love the looks of it, too. It's a great looking car: and you'll be happy with the room it has, when the back seat is folded down...I prefer hatchbacks: and am glad we discovered that the Corolla now comes with a hatchback version. I love our car now <3

Just watch curbs when you pull up. I scrape in my 17 Corolla SE on occasion and grit my teeth. Don't go up further than you think. Always go less. Congrats. I wish the IM had AWD and I'd have one.

Nice car, I like the IM as well, I like the versatility. I test drove it when it was a Scion and I don't imagine there is any more issues with bumps and things than the regular sedan version.

Good morning, Dont worry, you got plenty of clearance on bottom !

To whom it may concern

Just bought a Toyota iM, nice little ride guys, I was wondering if there is someone out there
( maybe in Calif ) with after market parts, body kit, exhaust system etc...
shoot me with there info please, got business for them !

Thanks guys
3ddie @.
Texas

just got my tracking # for my new tires, going from 225/45/17 to bigger foot print, 245/45/17
should look and feel nicer ones I lower my ride and put on the new wheels and tires.
Sorry, but this wheels that there putting ON from factory, makes the iM look cheap !
On the fog lights , the Kit comes with 55Watts I like fog lights to be a bit brighter and stronger so am
putting on some 80Watts Ultra Whites !

3ddie @.

just got my tracking # for my new tires, going from 225/45/17 to bigger foot print, 245/45/17
should look and feel nicer ones I lower my ride and put on the new wheels and tires.
Sorry, but this wheels that there putting ON from factory, makes the iM look cheap !
On the fog lights , the Kit comes with 55Watts I like fog lights to be a bit brighter and stronger so am
putting on some 80Watts Ultra Whites !

3ddie @.
The 245/45R17 tire will be too tall. You should have bought 245/40R17 as they will be wider but would remain the proper diameter.

Yeah I love them low rides as well. I was kind of anxious at first as well, but got used to it and love it. Obviously it depends on whether you drive it as some roads can be unforgivable, but well I would never put my freshly leased at DSRLeasing car in such an environment.

Hello, everyone...My husband and I bought our brand new Toyota Corolla IM yesterday: and this morning I started feeling anxious over the fact that the front seats sit lower in the car..The car tired are 17 inch...and it feels the body of the car sits too low to the ground. I am having visions of driving, and destroying the bottom edges of my car, if I hit a bump, etc..Is this a real worry I should be having: or have lower riding cars proven to drive comparable to cars higher up off the ground? Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated :) Debi
Man, it is just a car, Don't take it so personal. There are so many things to be worried about. I also sometimes have depressions over miserable things in my life. You can try to use kratom, it is a special natural medicine which helps to make you feel relax and may help to overcome anxiety. I've been using it for a long time from here https://www.payspi.org and it really helps me a lot during difficult periods.