Just Bought My First Corolla '08 LE With 34k Miles

Hello everyone!

As the title says, i just bought my first corolla. I'm no stranger to them, as I know a lot of people that own them, and being an automotive technician for 10 years, i have worked on them as well. I must say though, i have never run across any big jobs with them, mostly routine maintenance. Biggest jobs i can recall are a few oil pan gaskets, and water pumps.

Anyway, I recently purchased a 2008 Corolla LE with 34,676 actual miles. The car is absolutely pristine inside and out. I got it for a steal from a dealer where it's main use was a loaner to customers who were having service work done. It was completely maintained by Toyota and it mostly sat in the back showroom/porter area all of it's life.

I only have a few pictures of it, but no really good ones (I only picked it up last night, and the carwash was the only place I could go at night to get some pictures of it.

I hope to hang around here and learn some of the common issues it may have, learn about all of its specific technology, and make some friends along the way. Also are there any other popular corolla forums i should know about? I found 2 or 3 others than this, but im not really sure what the most active one is.

Looking forward to taking part in the community and helping when i can!

Last edited:

Scott O'Kashan

Super Moderator
Welcome to the Corolla Forum! :thumbsup::clap::):thumbup::thumbup1::balloon: :rockon:

Nice looking Corolla!

You've found the best darned Corolla Forum on the Internet right here!:thumbsup:

Check out the forum and you'll find a plethora of information on Corolla's here. No other forum comes close.

Last edited:
Yes, the 1998 - 2002 models had big problems with high oil consumption.

Here is the, "Owner Complaints For the 2008 Corolla", thread we have here in the 2003 - 2008 Toyota Corolla Forum -

http://www.corollaforum.com/showthread.php?t=2487

The most common N.H.T.S.A. complaint for this car is loss of speed control, or the vehicle accelerating by itself and crashing.

I'm very surprised a new car dealership would use a standard transmission car as a loaner car.

I noticed that too. Hopefully nobody used it to teach their kids how to drive one ... but I had that same 5 speed in my 2008 Matrix and beat the piss out of it for 75,000 miles and taught two new drivers how to shift in it, and it was in great shape when I traded her in.