Just Got My Third S!

Hi, all! New to the forum... Just got my new 2014 S Premium last week! Classic Silver. Love it so far; it's very different from my '13 S (Tropical Sea) that I traded. I also have had a '10 S (Barcelona Red - which was my first Toyota). This is my first experience with paddle shifters; navi; and all the bells/whistles of the media system (although my '13 had touch/Bluetooth). I had mixed emotions of trading 'Blue Bird' because it was such a great car. I hope the '14 gets as good of mileage. I was getting 39 with the '13. This new S Premium has more of the driving feel of my older Accord as far as suspension, et al. (can't hold a candle to my Accord's V6, however!). If anyone has any tips about using the paddle shifters, I would appreciate advice/insight. One thing I did notice after driving in rain the first day: There seems to be an excessive accumulation of water inside the doors all the way around. Not to the point of being inside the cabin, or going past the gaskets; but, on the steel itself. I've never seen this in any of my other cars/trucks. Anyone else notice this? It also happens in hosing off...as I did that to check this past weekend. Nice to be here!

Welcome to the Corolla Forum! :thumbup::):clap::thumbup1::balloon::party::rockon:

Out of curiosity, why are you going through Corolla's so quickly? One year and poof?

Is the water inside the doors? I'm not quite sure what you mean.

Welcome to the Corolla Forum! :thumbup::):clap::thumbup1::balloon::party::rockon:

Out of curiosity, why are you going through Corolla's so quickly? One year and poof?

Is the water inside the doors? I'm not quite sure what you mean.
She's like me, she just likes new cars. I've only kept one car more than a year or two myself, it was a 93 corolla, and if I could find another just like it I would spend 5 or 6 k on it to restore it and live happily ever after.

Thanks for the welcome, Scott!

About the water: Driving through rain for 30 miles, got home, and noticed the water after opening all the doors...an inordinate amount of 'blow back' water on the steel parts inside the doors, but not past the gaskets.

Short answer of changing cars: As Little Rebel said, I like moving into a new car every two years or so. No worries about any maintenance, and always having the latest safety and technology! Plus, I keep my vehicles pristine...and my dealer clamors for them as certified used and offers me great deals to step-up. I had my '10 for a while, and my '13 for almost two years before trading it last week for the '14.

I had my Accord (and still have her...will probably always have her!) for a long time before I bought my next new car, the '10 Corolla S.

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum!

I got a '14 Corolla after my '13 "died" in an accident. Would have probably kept the '13 for several years. Plan on keeping my new one for several years.

Thanks for the warm welcome, all! Stusmith, I loved my '13, too. Sorry to hear of yours demise in such a rough way! Donabed, Haha! I know what you mean! I know this may sound strange to some...but, I'm already planning my next new one for around '16 or so...and this one has less than 200 mi on it! I can't help it, lol.

I had brought my '13 in for her 15,000 mi service last week and the dealer wanted her badly...and made a good enough deal to get me into the new one. The S-Prem pretty much has it all, except for the nice 3M window tint that the dealer already had on my '13 when I got her. I'm debating about getting the '14 tinted the same way. I really don't do any modifications on my vehicles. I just like having a new, very reliable commute car. I figure it this way...I work very hard and long hours...and have a fairly long daily commute...why not have something to ride in that I really enjoy?

I have to admit...I toyed with the idea of getting a Camaro this coming winter, at my planned trade-in time for the '13, but the new Corolla deal was too tempting for me last week to wait. I didn't even get to Chevy for a test drive. I've had several Camaros in the past...'68 (adored) ...'77 Rally Sport (loved)...'79 (meh). I wish I still had that '68!

LOL! LOVED my Camaros! I wish I still had the '68. That 327 was tough, I tell ya! We've had Mustangs in the family, too...'67 and '71...oh, man, that '71 was bad ass! Also a '68 Firebird.

I would love to have a new Z28!

Was just reading an article yesterday about the 707hp Challenger 'Hellcat'. Now...THAT is a muscle car! Not at a bad price either. But...the insurance would eat one alive...not to mention the gas mileage!

Ah...I can't see either of them as a commute car for me. I'll just have to dream about them...for now...and stick with my Corollas!

;-)

The Hello Kitty ... I mean ... Hellcat is great for a straight line, but it weighs too much to be any good around corners. If the Challenger wasn't such a pig, I'd be tempted to get one. It is a gorgeous car though.

So true...it is very heavy! It is tempting. Ah, but as I said...it's just a dream. My reality is the Corolla-world of mileage! I hope that Toyota freshens the color selection in future years. I would love to see some coppers or bronze tones. Maybe a dark, deep purple...like blackberry. Years ago, Saturn offered a blackberry paint that was gorgeous....almost black, but with that purple haze in the metallic.

Thanks for the welcome, Scott!

About the water: Driving through rain for 30 miles, got home, and noticed the water after opening all the doors...an inordinate amount of 'blow back' water on the steel parts inside the doors, but not past the gaskets.

Short answer of changing cars: As Little Rebel said, I like moving into a new car every two years or so. No worries about any maintenance, and always having the latest safety and technology! Plus, I keep my vehicles pristine...and my dealer clamors for them as certified used and offers me great deals to step-up. I had my '10 for a while, and my '13 for almost two years before trading it last week for the '14.

I had my Accord (and still have her...will probably always have her!) for a long time before I bought my next new car, the '10 Corolla S.
The salespeople at the Toyota dealership must drool when they see you coming! :D They probably have your phone number on speed dial! :D