Key modification

I got the key from ebay, it doesn't let me post the link but I will post a picture from were I got it from.

It says for Camry but it will fit in your Corolla too, and what I did I Replaced the remote from the old Key and place it inside the new one, but the hard part is that you also need to remove the Sensor, if not the car will not start, once I did that you just Cut the key and Done.

You can search on youtube how to do the whole process. I will post a picture as well. Thanks

PS. I glue the Sensor just for secure safety.

Attachments

Thomas

I got the key from ebay, it doesn't let me post the link but I will post a picture from were I got it from.

It says for Camry but it will fit in your Corolla too, and what I did I Replaced the remote from the old Key and place it inside the new one, but the hard part is that you also need to remove the Sensor, if not the car will not start, once I did that you just Cut the key and Done.

You can search on youtube how to do the whole process. I will post a picture as well. Thanks

PS. I glue the Sensor just for secure safety.
Thanks much!

Any tips on how to get the transponder out from the original key without damaging the transponder or old key?
Buy a Valet key, slice the rubber cover off of the top, slip the chip out, and use Techstream to program the car to recognize the new chip.

I set my wife's Rav up with that flip key and honestly I don't care for it. The key pops open in my pocket, the paint on the buttons chips off in a month or two, the "Toyota" sticker over the screw hole lasted less than a day.
Her's held up a little better being in her purse instead of her pocket and she seems to like it, but I'm going to put mine back in the original housing.