klinetime574 Intro

Hey guys and gals,

Suppose I should do one of these.

I'm new to the Corolla, but not to Toyota.

fj60.jpg

^ That's my 1984 Toyota Land Cruiser FJ60 that my Dad bought new way back when. I got the keys when I was 16. It's been a ton of fun. Lift kit, engine rebuild, brake work, carburetor rebuild, paint work, interior restoration, bumper install, wiring lights, oil changes, 5 speed install, LED bulbs, etc. I've pretty much done it all.

I graduated college. Got a job, needed a commuter. Requirements: Manual transmission. Doesn't leave a lot of options nowadays, but my Dad found this 2015 Corolla S Plus 6MT. We went to test drive it and I bought it that night. Sounds like there are not many 6 Speeds out there. This was the only dealer that had one in Houston out of like 5 dealerships.

corolla.jpg

Only modifications so far are Toyota Mud Flaps that I installed myself. Easy peasy. Comes with all the needed hardware. Great fit. Other mods include rock chips and one door ding that some kind stranger wanted to give me. Houston is tough on cars, no way around the rock chips.

I look forward to helping and learning along the way here. Been wanting to do an LED swap for the reverse lights & license plate. The interior lights all work so I really don't feel the need to swap them. The others are just aesthetically pleasing. I'd rather get a TRD Exhaust, but sometimes the racecar budget gets a little tight.

Bonus points if anyone knows what that sticker is on the back window.

Look forward to y'alls posts! :D

Nice find for a 6speed stick, looks in pristine condition too, congratulations! Your LC looks awesome too!
Thank you. I try to keep it in good shape. I did curb two wheels, kicking myself for that. If I hang onto this thing long enough I'm sure it'll get mods, but for now it's just a DD. The Land Cruiser shines in the correct light sometimes. lol