Knocking issues with 1993 Corolla DX

Red

I am hearing, and feeling, some serious knocking from under the front side of the car. It seems primarily to come from the right passenger side of the vehicle. Now, this knocking does not happen in reverse, only in drive at low speeds. The faster I go, the knocking will dissipate. However, I can't tell how fast, as my speedometer needs repair. The knocking does not occur when turning either left or right. There is also an issue when switching the stick to reverse and drive, there is a small delay and then a clunking sound. I've checked the transmission fluid(it was recommended to check cold to see if levels were too low) levels fine and fluid color okay. I was hoping that it could still some how be one of the CV axles, which I could replace my self.

We have talked about this before on this site, iit seems to be common on that generation corolla. I had a 93 corolla and had the same problem, it sounded like someone was under the hood tapping on the firewall. Cant say if this is the same as your issue but its cheap to find out. Mine turned out to be the sway bar links, i couldnt tell by moving them by hand but i was at the end of my rope with it so i bought new ones, they are cheap and fairly easy to replace. You have to have both wheels off the ground at the same time or they will bind. Good luck with this I hope i was able to help.