LE and S Plus

I think I might be double posting lol I hope not I'm wanting to see if anyone has driven an LE and an S Plus models. I'm in the process of hopefully getting out of my LE into an S Plus, I know the S Plus has all the features I wanted the LE didn't just wondering if anyone else has driven both enough to give me an idea of the difference in ride quality and everything.

A guy through Toyota loyalty program is but my credit is like crap because of an ex I was engaged to so I'm keeping my payments the same but have a higher interest rate adding another year.

I was doing some research on the S Plus through true car and KBB and found another dealership with a great price and sent my info over and there was a guy from Toyota Loyalty program there said Toyota wants to make you and there customers happy thus making you a loyal customer.

Lol I'm happy to finally get the car I really wanted originally I've test drove an S Plus at another dealership I like it a lot better than my LE. It already has fog lights a more aggressive and nicer front bumper and spoiler nicer interior and better brakes and everything I've only driven it for about 10 minutes wondering if anyone else has driven an LE and S Plus enough to tell me if there's much difference in ride quality and everything.

So then Toyota is not taking care of you with a 100% credit for your Corolla with the defective paint.

That's a rip-off.

Usually, any car that doesn't have made in China tires on it will brake much better than the car that does. I recommend avoiding made in China tires at all costs. With tires, your very life is on the line.

I like the S model better then the LE. Funny you mention the tires Scott, I am making the dealership change out the Firestone tires when the 2015 S Premium gets here. Told them that will be a deal breaker for me. Can't believe Toyota would put on that piece of crap on their cars. Told them I want Michelin on there lol.

I like the S model better then the LE. Funny you mention the tires Scott, I am making the dealership change out the Firestone tires when the 2015 S Premium gets here. Told them that will be a deal breaker for me. Can't believe Toyota would put on that piece of crap on their cars. Told them I want Michelin on there lol.
My LE came with Toyo's what tires are y'all talking about that's so bad and cheap?

My LE came with Toyo's what tires are y'all talking about that's so bad and cheap?
I have the Michelin Primacy which are very loud at highway speeds, unless you're on new pavement.
They also hold stones in the treads like no other tire I've had in the past.
I can't afford to replace them now, but looking forward to that day...

Kev250R

This is my other car
The dealership I got it from said I didn't qualify for it thought I'd like it because it was new but haven't liked since I got it.
Makes sense, dealerships will generally say anything to make a sale. You may want to arrange for an extended test drive in an S though to make sure that it rides and handles the way you'll be happy with for the long-haul. A friends wife had an '06 S which according to my friend rode and drove very much like his company-issued '06 Corolla base model. Just hate to see you end-up with another regret :)

Kevin

With thousands of dollars lost over a Corolla with defective paint. You're getting shafted, big time. :thumbdown: :(
All of there vehicles have it and other new vehicles I've saw looks like that just how new car's are painted guess because of switch from solvent based to water based paint. I know there not going to give me all the money back when all there new vehicle's have it. I don't want to lose the chance to get the S Plus for the same I'm paying now over an issue they might never resolve.

Makes sense, dealerships will generally say anything to make a sale. You may want to arrange for an extended test drive in an S though to make sure that it rides and handles the way you'll be happy with for the long-haul. A friends wife had an '06 S which according to my friend rode and drove very much like his company-issued '06 Corolla base model. Just hate to see you end-up with another regret :)

Kevin
Well I like the S Plus because of the better parts and materials also I came from a fusion n miss my fog lights nice interior instrument cluster and four wheel disc brakes which people say you can't tell a difference I can after driving car's for over 10 year's with 4 wheel I can tell a huge difference there's really nothing about the S Plus I don't like

All of there vehicles have it and other new vehicles I've saw looks like that just how new car's are painted guess because of switch from solvent based to water based paint. I know there not going to give me all the money back when all there new vehicle's have it. I don't want to lose the chance to get the S Plus for the same I'm paying now over an issue they might never resolve.
You said other cars didn't have defective paint. Now you're taking Toyota's position and allowing them to take thousands of dollars in value for the car with the defective paint. :thumbdown:

I got the tires with the rims I bought but they wear good and drive ok with no road noise only complaint is the rough ride you can feel the road more but for a set of 18" rims with tires and 2 sets of lug nuts can't complain lol
After almost 30 years in the tire business, in my opinion made in China tires are sub-standard and dangerous.

The last thing between you and the road is your tires. Always get the best tires you can. It could save your life.

You can ask them to replace the Firestone tires with any you like and pay the difference. They will bend over backwards to make the sale. Don't show them you are really interested in the car. If they say no, walk away and they will call you tomorrow.

My deal with them is $21850 and they replace the Firestone tires with what they have on other Corollas that is not Firestones. And if they don't have what I am OK with they will sell the car at $21700 and I pay the difference between the Firestone with what I want.

You said other cars didn't have defective paint. Now you're taking Toyota's position and allowing them to take thousands of dollars in value for the car with2 mohe defective paint. :thumbdown:
All there car's and other manufacturers have some orange peel also finding out a lot of new vehicles are having it the dealership I'm supposed to get the S Plus from is adding another 6-12 months on what I was paying for the LE it's worth it me to get the corolla I really want and not lose out on the opportunity to get it. I'm just trying to get other opinions on the S Plus compared to the LE.

While losing thousands of dollars in value for your current car with defective paint. Toyota is taking you to the cleaners and laughing all the way to the bank.

The pictures you have posted of your car's defective paint are nasty. If suddenly, out of the blue, you've completely changed your mind for some reason, I just don't know what to tell you. Maybe Toyota put something in your drink.

While losing thousands of dollars in value for your current car with defective paint. Toyota is taking you to the cleaners and laughing all the way to the bank.

The pictures you have posted of your car's defective paint are nasty. If suddenly, out of the blue, you've completely changed your mind for some reason, I just don't know what to tell you. Maybe Toyota put something in your drink.
There's nothing wrong with me I don't want to miss an opportunity to get the car I want for no money down and same monthly payments waiting on Toyota again just to say there not going to do anything that they stand behind the dealerships decision on the paint I've already talked to multiple people with Toyota and the dealership and there all saying the same thing I don't want to go months or even years just to say there not going to do anything and miss the opportunity to get the car I want for like I said the same monthly payments and everything.

Kev250R

This is my other car
like I said the same monthly payments and everything.
Well from what you've said it's not exactly the same deal you have now, I think you said that your loan will be extended by a year and your interest rate is quite high. You may also want to check with your insurance company to see if your rates will go up with a newer Corolla/sportier model. I'd also talk to a Credit Union as they will likely be able to offer you a loan at a better rate.

Personally I would drive other comprable cars just to be sure that a Corolla S is really what you want so you can be reasonably certain that in another eight months or so you won't be in this position again. I mean no disrespect to those on this forum who drive them but I'm not convinced that there is really that much difference between an LE and an S. Personally I'd be looking at something with two doors and a clutch pedal on the floor, but maybe that's me. I only have my Corolla because the family member I bought it for couldn't make the payments any longer and I had to take the car back. Eventually mine will go away in favor of something sportier or with two differentials under it :D

Kevin

There's nothing wrong with me I don't want to miss an opportunity to get the car I want for no money down and same monthly payments waiting on Toyota again just to say there not going to do anything that they stand behind the dealerships decision on the paint I've already talked to multiple people with Toyota and the dealership and there all saying the same thing I don't want to go months or even years just to say there not going to do anything and miss the opportunity to get the car I want for like I said the same monthly payments and everything.
Asking, begging, pleading Toyota to stand behind its warranty for defective paint isn't going to work out too well, as you have experienced. They are going to do anything they can to not have to honor that warranty, as that will cost them a lot of money.

So instead, now are they not only not going to honor their warranty, they are offering to screw you out of thousands of dollars of your money and sell another car to you in the process? With all due respect, they have to be laughing at you behind your back...and while on the way to their bank too! :thumbdown::mad:

You have to go to a higher authority to protect your rights, instead of knuckling under to Toyota and losing thousands of dollars on a car they should be taking care of. Don't be happy about being ripped-off.

You have so many powerful weapons at your fingertips. Don't sit back and allow Toyota to rip you off to the tune of thousands of dollars! You can really afford to throw thousands of dollars into the trash? Really?

1. Florida Better Business Bureau - http://www.usa.gov/directory/bbb/florida.shtml

2. Florida Office of Consumer Affairs - http://www.freshfromflorida.com/Divisions-Offices/Consumer-Services

3. Florida Attorney General - Consumer Protection - http://myfloridalegal.com/consumer

4. State of Florida Lemon Law - http://www.myfloridalegal.com/lemonlaw

5. State of Florida Lemon Law Attorney - http://www.myfloridalegal.com/lemonlaw

I'm not in Florida I'm in NC there's no way to make Toyota do anything when most of there new vehicles have similar paint along with most other manufacturers I don't have the money to fight it that's my point and don't want to miss an opportunity to get the car I want in the process and be my luck in the end they won't fix the paint or make me happy

North Carolina then. Whatever

You can force Toyota to stand behind their warranty. That's the law.

You don't need any money to get assistance from the consumer protection agencies I listed above and in many cases an attorney as well.

You don't want to miss an, "opportunity", to get ripped off? That's what you are sitting back and allowing to happen, to the tune of thousands of dollars.

If you allow this noose to be snugged up around your neck, if you don't have any money now, you also wont have any money in the future.

I unfortunately insisted on Michelin tires and didn't get them. I did like my sales guy though.

One thing to keep in mind.
The free maintenance only includes two oil changes.

One at 10k and one at 20k.

I had to pay for the 5k oil change. (Worth it)
Engine the tightest and new so 5k I think should be done.

No worries there.

I will go back at 10k for another oil change.

The firestones tires are ok.
I always buy Michelin.

The Firestones are usuable on the S plus I have.
Not the best but better than many.

I really like the car.

It is noisy on the road but I bet it can be remedied with some of the proofing work I have seen people do.

My car is the S PLUS and with that model you gain 4 wheel disc brakes.
4 wheel disc brakes are the most important option for me.
The Sport mode is a def winner in my book. (S stands for Slow)
I chose not to get the premium simply because I prefer to update the complete NAV unit every 3 years.

I added color matched mud guards and love them.

Just replace the S with a TRD emblem, and [pretend] it is fast :)

I chose not to get the premium simply because I prefer to update the complete NAV unit every 3 years.
The Premium is an upgrade in seats only:

SofTex ® -trimmed heated front seats
8-way power-adjustable driver’s seat
4-way adjustable front passenger seat with
seatback pocket

Nice.

well no luck come to find out the dealership I was supposed to be getting the S Plus from had my stepdad as a co-signer which basically means it's his car and I'm paying for it. The LE I have now is all mine not wanting anyone else on the loan and or car.

It already has fog lights a more aggressive and nicer front bumper and spoiler nicer interior and better brakes and everything I've only driven it for about 10 minutes wondering if anyone else has driven an LE and S Plus enough to tell me if there's much difference in ride quality and everything.
You can add Toyota fog lights to an LE for $250 or less, but you can't do much about the bumper, interior, or instrument cluster or brakes cost-effectively.

Nobody (or very few) on the forum will be able to compare an LE with aftermarket 18-inch wheels and tires to an S with OEM 17-inch wheels and evaluate ride and handling for you.

As far as tires - the Corolla (or Toyota in general) is a bit unique in this.

If you were looking at a new Focus or Fiesta - they probably have ContiProContact tires. They MIGHT have different tires with the 17-inch wheels as opposed to 16's or they MIGHT have different tires if they did a mid-year model change in suppliers. Otherwise, if you tell the dealer you only want the car with Michelin's, the dealer will add $500 to the selling price and send the car to the tire store before you pick it up.

I was really surprised when I walked the Toyota dealers lot and on the LE, some cars had:
- Michelin primacy's
- Toyo Proxes
- Firestone Affinity's
- Conti ProContacts
- Goodyear RSA's
- Hankook optimos

That means that if you REALLY won't buy the car unless it has Michelins, the dealer probably WILL swap them over, b/c he figures the next buyer might hate Michelins and want Firestones or might not care at all.

As far as tires - the Corolla (or Toyota in general) is a bit unique in this.

If you were looking at a new Focus or Fiesta - they probably have ContiProContact tires. They MIGHT have different tires with the 17-inch wheels as opposed to 16's or they MIGHT have different tires if they did a mid-year model change in suppliers. Otherwise, if you tell the dealer you only want the car with Michelin's, the dealer will add $500 to the selling price and send the car to the tire store before you pick it up.

I was really surprised when I walked the Toyota dealers lot and on the LE, some cars had:
- Michelin primacy's
- Toyo Proxes
- Firestone Affinity's
- Conti ProContacts
- Goodyear RSA's
- Hankook optimos

That means that if you REALLY won't buy the car unless it has Michelins, the dealer probably WILL swap them over, b/c he figures the next buyer might hate Michelins and want Firestones or might not care at all.
It depends on how you work the deal with them. I never mention the tires until we were at a price I agree to. Once they put a order in for the model I wanted is when I brought up the subject of the tires. The manager said there was nothing he can do about it, I said fine, cancel the order and that the firestone tires are a deal breaker for me. That is when he offered to swap them out with what he has one the lot or lower the car price but a few hundred. I can then get the tires I want and pay the difference in price between them. It all depends on how you deal with them.

Kev250R

This is my other car
For me the wheels were a deal-breaker; I wanted Alloy's, not the painted black wheels with hubcaps. Sales guy couldn't believe that was a thing with me. Needless to say the Corolla I bought had Alloy's :D

Kevin

I unfortunately insisted on Michelin tires and didn't get them. I did like my sales guy though.

One thing to keep in mind.
The free maintenance only includes two oil changes.

One at 10k and one at 20k.

I had to pay for the 5k oil change. (Worth it)
Engine the tightest and new so 5k I think should be done.

No worries there.

I will go back at 10k for another oil change.

The firestones tires are ok.
I always buy Michelin.

The Firestones are usuable on the S plus I have.
Not the best but better than many.

I really like the car.

It is noisy on the road but I bet it can be remedied with some of the proofing work I have seen people do.

My car is the S PLUS and with that model you gain 4 wheel disc brakes.
4 wheel disc brakes are the most important option for me.

oil shipped in a Toyota vehicle is formulated for break in periods of 5 k (conventional and 5w20blend) and 10k 0w20syn if you change that oil early your doing nothing but hurt the longevity of your engine

oil shipped in a Toyota vehicle is formulated for break in periods of 5 k (conventional and 5w20blend) and 10k 0w20syn if you change that oil early your doing nothing but hurt the longevity of your engine
Can you you please explain what you mean by this exactly? I really need to know how changing my oil early is detrimental to the longevity of my engine because I am real bad about doing this.
If I can learn about the damage I am doing, I will cease and desist from doing those things I shouldn't be doing.
Thanks in advance.

The factory shipped oil contains extra additives (I have to get into TIS to get the exact formula) that lubricate the engine preparing it for its life time... I do recommend to early oil changes when the veh gets past 30 k I plan on doing mine every 5-7k.