Like to Add an Additional Line to the Ignition On

fishycomics

Super Moderator
under dash fuse box, how will one pick a line, and add a piggy back? where it is to compact.

Do you attempt the under the hood and hope no moisture gets in.

or tap into the 12vdc cigg plug?

Any pics on how you went about???

What do you plan on powering? If you are doing LED interior lights, you can tap in safely as long as you are not by-passing fuses.

If you are doing a 110V power supply, I'd tap off the main power going into the under dash fuse box from the ignition on circuit, and pick any empty fuse location (kinda wish auto companies would provide a blank fuse location, one for hot at all times, one for accessory/on, and the other for on).

fishycomics

Super Moderator
this is a led strip, that flashes 15 different patterns, does not draw a lot of current.

I am pretty good at doing things, today it got me good.

I got a piggy back hooked up to the 7.5v radio. till I can get a correct switch I am good, for now the switch is killing me. Wil figure it out another fine day, warmer weather day that is!

Right now I hooked up the led to a 7.4vdc 850mah battery, while the led should work from 3.6-13.5vdc the battery is a 2AAsize, I have other types as well.

I placed a simple switch on her, and right now it works, lights up (switch no). This is a hazard/warning led modified to the car, so people know when I am slowing down and scoping my work location to be please careful allow me a few seconds of safety.

it resembles this but has patterns not colors

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Multi-7-Col...Parts_Accessories&hash=item3cd18868b3&vxp=mtr

I can tap off the 12v cigg's but I think the route I went I am satisfied. Just need to now tuck the wiring away a little better, the day is up for me , so another time, when completed I shall do a short review and demonstrate this

the remote that comes with it I could have tapped off the brakes, but infrared needs direct contact of remote . not 2.4ghz.